PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Radions ?

kien
10-28-2011, 01:21 AM
So for those who have these Radions in hand, how are you mounting them? I'm a little confused about the whole, "yes they come with a mounting kit" and "no they don't come with a mounting kit". So are people MacGyvering something? I read something about eyelets? What's that about? :noidea:

reefwars
10-28-2011, 01:25 AM
So for those who have these Radions in hand, how are you mounting them? I'm a little confused about the whole, "yes they come with a mounting kit" and "no they don't come with a mounting kit". So are people MacGyvering something? I read something about eyelets? What's that about? :noidea:

you must have seen that aqua digital post huh, i honestly think if someone sells someone something they should be fully informed on what they are getting and how it works...its like buying a car and the guy says oh yes theres brakes and then when you get your car your told you have to pay for pads extra.....

reefwars
10-28-2011, 01:26 AM
apparently 2 pieces of wire would cost an extra $50 per unit....find that hard to believe

kien
10-28-2011, 01:28 AM
you must have seen that aqua digital post huh, i honestly think if someone sells someone something they should be fully informed on what they are getting and how it works...its like buying a car and the guy says oh yes theres brakes and then when you get your car your told you have to pay for pads extra.....

While I agree that yes, if you say you are going to sell something you should be selling that something, that's not the point of this thread. I just want to know what people are doing to mount these bad boys :-)

kien
10-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Does ecotech provide (at an extra cost) the hanging kit even? Or is the user supposed to provide their own rig?

tidal_waters
10-28-2011, 01:33 AM
the units come with four black screws, these screw into the top of each unit for you to use for hanging. I went to home depot and grabbed 30' of 1/16 wire and some wire crimps and went to town. Problem is, adjusting the lights after crimping means wiring a whole new setup

Yes, they do provide a wire hanging kit for an additional $45 each unit

kien
10-28-2011, 01:35 AM
the units come with four black screws, these screw into the top of each unit for you to use for hanging. I went to home depot and grabbed 30' of 1/16 wire and some wire crimps and went to town. Problem is, adjusting the lights after crimping means wiring a whole new setup

Ah okay, so there are eye screws provided so that you can string your own wires or yarn to hang them.

tidal_waters
10-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Ah okay, so there are eye screws provided so that you can string your own wires or yarn to hang them.

Yup

reefwars
10-28-2011, 01:39 AM

yarn may not be a good idea lol but to each his own:):)

kien
10-28-2011, 01:43 AM
yarn may not be a good idea lol but to each his own:):)

http://www.inventables.com/technologies/stainless-steel-yarn

The Grizz
10-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Kien are you thinking of jumping on the radion band wagon?

kien
10-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Kien are you thinking of jumping on the radion band wagon?

Sure why not :-)

The Grizz
10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Well if I had your money I would as well then burn all mine :lol:

tidal_waters
10-28-2011, 01:51 AM
The fixtures themselves are extremely light, and i went a little over board with the 1/16" wire. I was going to use some existing hanging kits I had, but it meant cutting them and re-crimping them and I couldn't find any wire crimps small enough which led me to the 1/16.

I would have loved to use the existing hanging kits I had just for the simple pleasure of easy height adjustments.

kien
10-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Well if I had your money I would as well then burn all mine :lol:

It's only money. You can't take it with you when you're dead.

tidal_waters
10-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Sure why not :-)

If you're interested to drop by to take a look at them, you are more than welcome!

The Grizz
10-28-2011, 01:54 AM

You want to bet!:biggrin: in my will it will state " any money left in my bank account gets stuffed in my coffin with me " :lol:

cale262
10-28-2011, 02:08 AM
I think I'm just going to rig them up with some square tube to make a rack and then utilize parts from other hanging kits I have sitting around...Should be interesting, to see how they compare to the other led (pacsun, reeftech, ecoxotic) fixtures I'm using.

kien
10-28-2011, 02:26 AM
You want to bet!:biggrin: in my will it will state " any money left in my bank account gets stuffed in my coffin with me " :lol:

Please remember to invite me to your funeral. Thanks!

globaldesigns
10-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Yes you can... When I go, I am going to be looking down at family carrying me in my casket. Unknown to them, besides me, the casket will be full of loonies and toonies.

I will be laughing sooooo hard, watching them from above, as they kill themselves carrying me. Or even better, keep dropping the casket, to finally have me and all the money tumble out!