PDA

View Full Version : Midas blenny.

Proteus
10-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I bought a Midas blenny about a month ago. When I got him he was yellow. A day of swimming with some anthias he went a little pink. Then he hooked up with my bicolor blenny and has since turn black.

Will he ever turn back yellow? I sure hope so

ScubaSteve
10-27-2011, 11:18 PM
I bought a Midas blenny about a month ago. When I got him he was yellow. A day of swimming with some anthias he went a little pink. Then he hooked up with my bicolor blenny and has since turn black.

Will he ever turn back yellow? I sure hope so

Midas blennies can change colour at will and will change colout to blend in with other fish or surroundings. When mine was in the rocks head turn black/brown, and when he was swimming with the butterfly he'd be yellow pink. So, if he's hangin' with the anthias again soon he'll be right back to yellow and pink.

They will also change colour depending on mood. When mine was ****ed about something, you knew it.

paddyob
10-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Bignose has one. It also changes colors frequently.

Interesting fish.

Proteus
10-28-2011, 03:58 AM
I've only seen jays a couple times and alway yellow. Lol.

The pink was neat but just hope he doesn't stay black long. He is still small so he may stay black as the bicolor is a fish not to be messed with. Lol stood up bearing teeth daily to my sohal tang. So it may be to protect himself when young.