PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Naso

Steve'o
10-27-2011, 02:59 AM
To my radion ecotech mp10wes pumps?.. Came home after work and he was stuck to the side of one....poor guys eye was almost sucked right out?
Got him free but he died on me...
So sad...
Steve"o

Aquattro
10-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Probably not the pump, a healthy naso can out swim a powerhead. Usually near death before he hit the pump.

Steve'o
10-27-2011, 03:21 AM
He seemed fine the day before.. Only had him a month.
:(

globaldesigns
10-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Probably not the pump, a healthy naso can out swim a powerhead. Usually near death before he hit the pump.

I agree with Aquattro... Fish can easily stay away from the most powerful powerheads we all use. If he was stuck to the side, most likely he was already floating somewhat upside down, or on his way out.

sorry to hear, I also have one, very beautiful fish.

Steve'o
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
He didn't seem bad the night before.. was swimming around well.. I wonder if one of my other Tangs got after him.. will miss him he was a nice addition.
Steve'o

daniella3d
10-27-2011, 04:19 PM
+1 the fish was probably already dead or near being dead. What size of tank is that? They need a very large tank, like 180 gallons minimum.

Steve'o
10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Tank is 90 Gal.. Gold Aquarium told me no problem on that size of tank.
I waited almost 2 months before I could pick him up as they keep them there until they feel they are ready to go.
Very dissappointed.. really liked that fish :(
Will not be adding anything new for a while now.. Just getting my Radion Leds setup this weekend.
Steve'o

Aquattro
10-27-2011, 10:30 PM
A 90 would be ok for a juvenile, but not as it grows. Unfortunately you can never tell how a fish was caught, and if cyanide was used, the fish could have been dying the day it got shipped. Nasos are very strong swimmers and I guarantee it didn't get sucked into the side of a powerhead if it was healthy. Mine eats bits from the front of my Tunze Stream at 3000gph in it's face!

reefwars
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
A 90 would be ok for a juvenile, but not as it grows. Unfortunately you can never tell how a fish was caught, and if cyanide was used, the fish could have been dying the day it got shipped. Nasos are very strong swimmers and I guarantee it didn't get sucked into the side of a powerhead if it was healthy. Mine eats bits from the front of my Tunze Stream at 3000gph in it's face!

+1 right there

dreef
10-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Something must have been wrong..i feed my fish right above a vortech.My hawkfish sits on top of one and he's only 3 inches long.