PDA

View Full Version : Fish Suggestions for Smaller Tank

PFisher
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
We recently moved and due to the layout of the new house I had to downgrade to a 14 gallon biocube. Our favorite fish was a yellow coris wrasse but I think that this tank will be too small. We are very sad about letting him go and I need a suggestion for a similar fish that will be fine in this tank. We really liked the bright yellow and the fact that he was always out front swimming around.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a brightly colored fish that will stay out front and can be kept in a 14 gallon tank.

On a related note, this wrasse is currently small. If we put him into the smaller tank will he stay small or is that a myth?

Thanks for your help.

ScubaSteve
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM
That's mostly a myth. You could keep him tip be out grew he tank but that probably won't take long. Some of the smaller wrasses work well. My friend has a six-line that was in his 14G biocube for 2 years and in his 20G tank for another year and it's doing great. Funny fish to watch.

A clown pair might be interesting in that biocube. Get some nice bright orange ones.

Check out the nanoreef fish suggestion thread. They have good ideas on what can do what size, etc. I tend to draw blanks when it comes to ideas for fish.

MKLKT
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Clown gobies are tiny yellow guys.

PFisher
10-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Wow, that was fast. Thank you for the suggestions.

I will take a look at the nano forum as well, not sure why I did not think of that.