PDA

View Full Version : Naso Tang disease? Please help identify.

newreefer_59
10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Not sure if the pic really shows it, but I have an Orangespine Unicornfish (Naso Tang) that has developed a greyish bump on the white band between the yellow-orange bands nrea his tail fin. There are also 2 similar but smaller ones on the tail fin itself on the other side. Any idea what this may be? I have had him for well over a year and still eats and looks otherwise completely fine. My tank is 150 gallon reef tank.

Thanks in advance.

Myka
10-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Tough to get a good pic of a fish like that...from this photo I have no idea.

RDNanoGuy
10-22-2011, 05:45 AM
My naso is exactly the same as yours. Two bumps with a white stripe between. My naso has been like that for over 8 months and never shown any sign of stress. Mine is female I believe so maybe it's sexual dimorphism?

christyf5
10-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Can you try to get a better photo? Especially the bumps on the other side (fin area) I can see what you're talking about, it could be that he scraped the area or something or it could be something more "serious". Keep us posted on how it progresses, hopefully it will just heal on its own :biggrin:

Myka
10-22-2011, 06:54 PM
I should clarify, I can see what you're talking about, but I don't see anything "wrong", not from this photo anyway.

christyf5
10-22-2011, 10:49 PM
hey newreefer, do you think maybe as he gets older the grey color is just filling in? I found this photo online and the grey sort of replaces the yellow in where the meat of the tail meets fin

http://silentdreammarine.com/images/image064.jpg