PDA

View Full Version : Stupid GBTA

BMahura
10-20-2011, 03:49 AM
So heres the deal.
I have a Green bubble tip and he has been doing very well in my tank. I never feel him and he is nice green and bubbly. However it has recently split and i have 5 nems who are moving all over my tank. Only one stayed where i intened them to be in my tank. I was wondering if their are any good ways to remove them if it comes down to it i will just kill the ones that are moving as i dont want them to kill anymore of my coral. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advanced

yellowworld
10-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Hey Brett, my suggestion would be to let me take them off your hands :) ill take any of the ones you don't want.

As fast as the best way to get them out is to catch them when they are on the move, when they blow themselves up and are detaching, at that point you can lightly pull them off and put them in a container. If they have attached themselves your best bet is to make them want to move, the best way is point some flow at them with a small pump or extra power head

Raf
10-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Having long fingernails helps too.. that's where Diana comes in LOL :P

Steve-O-
10-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Kill them? Save the oceans give them away then.

BMahura
10-20-2011, 04:42 AM
I would give them away if I can get them off. A few are inside holes
Now and o tried taking them
Off but it didn't work. I'm going to try removing them again and if successful I'll give them away. If not then I may have to kill them

Jex
10-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I'd come grab one or two from ya.

Steve-O-
10-21-2011, 03:27 AM
put stuff in there path and wait till they release and move to that object then take it out. U can slowly push a scraper under them and they will just release as well just takes time.

reefwars
10-21-2011, 04:35 AM
take some eggcrate and cut a circle bigger than the nem and then lay the eggcrate over the nem, point a powerhead directly towards the nem and once it moves onto the eggcrate you can lift it away and move them.ice cubes work as well as do scraping them off if they come out of the crevice their foot is in.:)

Skimmerking
10-21-2011, 03:43 PM
take a ice cube and then you are golden rub it lightly on the foot, dont hold it there you will burn it but rub it and watch the foot retract. It's the best way if you can't take the rock out of the tank that is.

If the rock is in the tank use a ICE PACK that if totally frozen and you are GTG.