PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Illumina settings

jagermaier
10-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I would love to know what other users are setting their program intensity at and how long day/night ratio they are using. I have the 60" Vertex Illumina 200 over my mixed reef aquarium. Mainly LPS with some softs, leather and the odd SPS. Right now I am mainly running my Blue and Royal blues at around 60-65% and my white at around 55% varying it up a bit throughout the day. Everything seems alright with this setting but would like to know if I am missing out on better settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

AquaticFinatic
10-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I have the 260 5' and have it set for moon phase from around 10pm to around 11 am then fade into daylight. I have mine set around 55% for white and around 65-70 for the blues. Just bought the red modules but yet to put them in. I also have the clouds set and lightning every now and again. I would be interested in the responses you get to. Tagging along. :biggrin:

monocus
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
still trying to figure out the settings-and latly can't get off the start screen-if i remember -my white is at 60 and my blues are at 72

jagermaier
10-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Thanks davey, let me know how you like your reds...I was thinking about getting them as well. Monocus, do you have the v-link for your vertex? It's a bit difficult to figure out at first, but once you know how to use it, it's great. Let me know if I can help.

AquaticFinatic
10-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Mono us I could send you my settings if you have the vlink?

monocus
10-18-2011, 04:31 AM
i have the v-link-but i am only getting the black start-up page-won't go into the settings page-and i can't call up my previous settings-was wanting to adjust the moon phase so that my full moon would co-insde with the natural moon-was never able to use that program and was never able to add some clouds

jagermaier
10-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Try to "download", this should bring up your current settings. Then you can create from there. Also, make sure your computer isn't too far away from the light.

monocus
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
already tryed that-and the laptop is only 3' from my tank