PDA

View Full Version : feeding firefish gobies... advice??

christyf5
06-26-2002, 11:58 PM
Hey guys,
I've had two of these little guys for about a year now and all they seem to eat is flake and brine shrimp. Yes I know brine shrimp has no nutritional value. I mix it in with two types of flake but the firefish seem to be so picky. They can't eat larger foods as they don't bother if they can't fit it in their mouths. I've tried the emerald entree/marine cuisine stuff. Is there something out there that I'm missing out on? All we have here is petcetera and one store that is hit or miss. I'd like to get some ideas on what to look for when I'm in Victoria or Vancouver.

Thanks
Christy smile.gif

DJ88
06-27-2002, 12:01 AM
HUFA enriched brine. or Mysis..

christyf5
06-27-2002, 12:05 AM
I see you guys raving about this mysis stuff. Is it small like brine shrimp or big like krill. I tried minced up krill, now that stuff smells. Nobody seemed interested in it tho, the smell drove them nuts but nobody ate it except for the hermits. I usually soak the brine shrimp in zoe or zoecon before I feed. I guess thats about as good as it gets over here.

Christy smile.gif

Tau2301
06-27-2002, 12:37 AM
When I feed the Kyle Mysis (I think thats what everyone is calling it) I shave it from the frozen block with a very sharp knife (Ginsu - just kidding). I don't rinse, just put into the tank still frozen.

This gives me the small particules my smaller fish can eat. My corals also seem to perk up after I feed the Mysis this way.