PDA

View Full Version : protein skimmer...with a spousal rating

rossb
02-07-2004, 12:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone has a reasonable priced protein skimmer (in Calgary) that they might want gone. I have one that almost works...and then it sorta floods your shop and then your girl gets mad. It would need to be a bit bigger than normal as my tank is larger than most. but any size will do.

I have used one on and off..mostly off and given even Bob is using one...

Did I mention ...free to good home... protein skimmer..for people without spouses.

EmilyB
02-07-2004, 01:08 AM
I can't believe you don't just build one, you have so many tools ! :razz:

Buccaneer
02-07-2004, 07:41 AM
If you want any help building a Beckett Skimmer Ross just let me know ... not interested in building it here but I will give you all the assistance by phone that you could need :razz: ... they really are not that difficult to build ... just time consuming :smile:

Cheers

Bob I
02-07-2004, 04:08 PM
I have used one on and off..mostly off and given even Bob is using one...

Not quite true, Bob did play with one for a while, but has discontinued its use. Decided they are highly overrated, and will leave their use to those who feel the need for such toys. :eek: :biggrin: :mrgreen:

rossb
02-07-2004, 05:23 PM
OK Bob used one and it peaked my interest. I am uncertain if they work or not but I think I'll give it a try.

Canadian Man
02-07-2004, 05:24 PM
OK Bob used one and it peaked my interest. I am uncertain if they work or not but I think I'll give it a try.

Well of course they work. It's just a matter of whether you need it or not.
Of course you need a skimmer :lol:

Bob I
02-07-2004, 05:46 PM

I won't fall into the trap of replying to this. I refer you to the following http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/eb/index.htm myth#17 in particular. :rolleyes:

Canadian Man
02-07-2004, 06:38 PM

I won't fall into the trap of replying to this. I refer you to the following http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/eb/index.htm, myth#17 in particular. :rolleyes:

Too bad #17 doesn't say skimmer are absolutley not needed. :rolleyes:

The link doen't work. You have to take the comma off the end.

cheers

Bob I
02-07-2004, 06:47 PM

I won't fall into the trap of replying to this. I refer you to the following http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/eb/index.htm, myth#17 in particular. :rolleyes:

Too bad #17 doesn't say skimmer are absolutley not needed. :rolleyes:

The link doen't work. You have to take the comma off the end.

cheers

Ok you need a skimmer, I don't. Leave it be. There is nothing to be gained from beating a dead horse.