PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Black & White clownfish pair

Myka
10-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Looking for a breeding pair of black and white ocellaris. Must be laying eggs. Must be black, not brown. Prefer black nose, but will consider orange nose. Must have full white bars.

Will pay cash, and pay for shipping. Most LFS will ship for a fee if you don't know how. :)

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/images/products/Fish/large/amphiprion_ocellaris%28BWO%29.jpg

gobytron
10-14-2011, 06:59 PM
There is a guy in Kamloops who breeds these guys.
His specimens are top notch and Iv seen a few pairs wtih my own eyes...

I'll see if I can dig up his contact info...

I'm pretty sure this is him...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=1414

beginnersluckpg
10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
They have a lot of them, not sure if any mated pairs. Just got2.

Myka
10-14-2011, 07:03 PM
There is a guy in Kamloops who breeds these guys.

Thanks, I did send him a PM although I think he sold all the pairs he listed.

gobytron
10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Did you try OA?
I know Janet has ordered them in the past...

Though they may just order them from Kamloops come to think of it...:redface:

Myka
10-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I would prefer to get a pair from Alberta (or Sask) for ease of shipping. I'm not sure I would trust Greyhound from BC, and not into paying $85 for air.

gobytron
10-14-2011, 07:54 PM
85$ for air?
they give it to you free here in b.c.

But if you get from Kamloops, its like skipping the initial shipping from the breeders to the lfs, no?

Myka
10-14-2011, 08:15 PM
But if you get from Kamloops, its like skipping the initial shipping from the breeders to the lfs, no?

Ya, if he has a mature pair. No point in buying juveniles that I can buy here.

beginnersluckpg
10-14-2011, 10:06 PM
If u order over 200 in live goods it's 25.00 to ship via air. Usually good luck my clowns seem to be very happy so far

Myka
10-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Thanks but J&L won't have pairs, just juveniles. :)

BlueTang<3
10-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Check with some lfs I know u can order pairs from ORA, it would probably cost you tho.

Ryan
10-16-2011, 02:32 AM
Prefer black nose, but will consider orange nose. ]

FYI the orange noses are a typical sign of age. As black clowns mature they get blacker. A fully mature one will be solid black and the nose is always the last to turn. Im sure you know but these guys are actually orange when they come out of metamorphosis and get darker with age.

I notice if you have a bunch of them grow up together its generally the dominant pair that gets solid black first.

I hear ya on the brown though. I looked a looooong time to find good ones before I bought mine.

The other thing to consider if your buying them as a pair in hopes to breed them it will probably take an adult pair just as long to settle in and have a successful clutch as raising some 1.5" or 2" juveniles.

Good luck in your search.

Myka
10-16-2011, 04:02 AM
FYI the orange noses are a typical sign of age. As black clowns mature they get blacker.

Some never get black noses though. This is why I want mature fish, so I know what I'm getting. I think I found a pair though, just working out details. :D

rastaangel
10-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Mine are out now LOL I went to check bayside for platniums or blackice but they didnt have any... If they woulda had some you coulda taken mine

Myka
10-16-2011, 04:32 AM
He sold out already? Good for him! :D

rastaangel
10-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Yep gustavo said they went fast! Went over there with the full intention of buying a pair and selling you mine but I guess destiny can be a cruel mistress some times

bvlester
10-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Larry ( sick lid ) is a breader and ships to many places in Canada. I have been to his place many times and I am always in awe with the setup.

Bill

Ryan
10-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Yep gustavo said they went fast! Went over there with the full intention of buying a pair and selling you mine but I guess destiny can be a cruel mistress some times

RedCoral Edmonton had some Black Ice Snowflakes. That was a couple weeks ago but they might still have some. Then Myka could still get her blacks.

Myka
10-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks Bill, I have been in contact with Larry. :)

RedCoral Edmonton had some Black Ice Snowflakes. That was a couple weeks ago but they might still have some. Then Myka could still get her blacks.

Rasta's Black Occys are misbars, so I'm not actually interested in them.