PDA

View Full Version : Micro bubbles

Coralgurl
10-12-2011, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone,
I used herbtana in my tank to treat ich, fish have been out of the tank for a week in qt and haven't dosed with herbtana in over a week. My skimmer is on, but I've got a ton of micro bubbles. I also have a good build up of detritus on my sand. I've got an mp10, mp 40 and a koralia 750 on my 55 gl tank. I did a 10 gl wc 2 weeks ago and cleaned all the filters, another 15 gl water change this weekend. Temp is at 80, salinity 1.025. My phosphates have dropped to 0 after adding a phosphate filter, the only thing low is my mg, everything else is where it should be, I'm dosing the mg. I read another thread the bubbles could irritate the corals, but they seem to be fine. I was told it would take up to 2 weeks for the bubbles to clear out. I've tried adjusting the skimmer as well. I also have added some narisus (sp) snails and tried to manually remove the detritus. The mp 40 and koralia are closer to the top of the tank, the mp 10 is placed in the middle on the side.

Any suggestions?

Proteus
10-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Water changes. You need to get the herbtana out of system. It could take three plus wc. As for the sand. Conchs, snails and sand sifter stars are your best bet

Wayne
10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah that type of medicine makes bubbles like crazy if there is something aerating the water ie. Skimmer. With water changes and your skimmer it will eventually get cleaned out ;)

Coralgurl
10-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks, will do weekly changes until the bubbles clear up. Going to try adjusting the power heads around a bit too to get more flow over sand.
Cheers!