PDA

View Full Version : Missing pump

Aquattro
05-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Anybody else get a bucket of IO salt with a free pump that isn't there? I find this out right when I need a small pump :mad:

fishboy
05-04-2002, 12:44 AM
Mine was buried about half way into the bucket of salt.

smokinreefer
05-04-2002, 01:41 AM
heh, i didnt even know there was a pump in there until darren mentioned it to me. but i have yet to find it and i have used about 1/3 of the bucket already. i'll let you know if i find one in there.

StirCrazy
05-04-2002, 01:47 AM
loook way down rusty :D :D

most are damn neer the bottom Brad.

Steve

Aquattro
05-04-2002, 02:29 AM
Not my bucket! I emptied it into an old bucket so I could get the pump!

canadawest
05-04-2002, 07:35 PM
What kind of pump, and how recent is this promotion? Is there a way to tell if the bucket you buy is part of the promotion?

I'm getting a bucket of IO salt today or tomorrow and I'd like to get a free pump if I could. smile.gif

Troy F
05-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Andrew, it is a mini-jet.

Samw
05-04-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by canadawest:
What kind of pump, and how recent is this promotion? Is there a way to tell if the bucket you buy is part of the promotion?

I'm getting a bucket of IO salt today or tomorrow and I'd like to get a free pump if I could. smile.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saw the promotion on the Aquarium Systems website on March 9 when I was doing some research on their Mini-jet pumps. I sent an Email to J&L asking them about it but they hadn't received any buckets with the pump yet until several weeks later.

http://www.aquariumsystems.com/specoffer.htm

The buckets with the pumps will have a yellow sticker on them that says "Free mixing pump $20 value. Mini-jet 404".

Its an excellent deal since the pump itself retails for $30 Cdn and plastic buckets are probably $5-$10. Its like paying $25-$30 for the salt mix. I haven't worked my way down the salt mix yet so I haven't seen the pump yet in my bucket.

[ 04 May 2002, 16:12: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Acro
05-04-2002, 09:08 PM
I received one of them. Not sure what to use it for though. Perhaps for mixing drinks. ;)

Tau2301
05-04-2002, 09:48 PM
The bucket that I bought was marked with a yellow sticker that said "Free Mini-Jet Pump" inside.

I use mine for mixing up my salt water.

Question: Why don't the manufactures mark the outside of the buckets with gradiants to show gallons of water. Then I wouldn't have to do it. :D

canadawest
05-04-2002, 10:04 PM
That sounds good....

I need a little mini-jet for my refugium to help aggitate the surface!

I'll have to make sure I ask for a bucket with a yellow sticker on it!!

And I agree Jamie, I mix my salt with a RIO 2500, can't imagine a mini-jet being able to mix more than a cocktail. :eek:

Troy F
05-05-2002, 01:05 AM
There'll be 30 adds in the Buy and Sell Forum for, "barely used mini-jets". :D

Delphinus
05-05-2002, 02:25 AM
Actually I don't know about you guys but I find I can't have enough of the stupid little pumps. Man, I have like a dozen of them and do you think I can find one to mix up a new batch of salt right now? I've gone and used them all at the moment! I had to use a Mag7 to mix up my last water change batch :rolleyes: (Mind you it sure didn't take very long to mix up! :D )

MY bucket of IO I must have bought just before the promotion started. No sticker, no pump... oh well.

smokinreefer
05-08-2002, 12:55 AM
OK...being impatient as i always am...i decided i could wait no longer...so i slowly poured the remaining salt i had into a clean dry empty salt bucket...
low and behold...the elusive mini-jet...has slipped through my fingers?!?! :confused:
despite having a nice yellow sticker saying there is a pump inside, there is none.

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 01:22 AM
Nice to see I'm not the only one. Well, not nice for you, but....

Allen suggested I contact the manufacturer to complain.
I "was" going to use it to feed my reactor....

smokinreefer
05-08-2002, 02:34 AM
me too...
darren suggested i use a small pump to feed the reactor, and he told me that they had free ones in the salt buckets. since my tank crashed i have been doing lots of water changes and i had bought a bucket of salt the week before. so i thought, how perfect i could just use that freebie for running the reactor.
i guess it's not reall y abig deal, since i needed the salt anyway, but if something is advertised, then i guess they should follow through right?
well, i will be sending them an email, and see what they do to rectify this.

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 06:28 AM
I don't think they have email. There is a phone number on their site.

Troy F
05-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Phone the retailer where you purchased your salt.

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Troy, I got mine from J&L, but since they don't carry the pumps, they can't help.

Troy F
05-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Doesn't it fall on them to go to IO with the complaint though?

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Troy F:
Doesn't it fall on them to go to IO with the complaint though?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to Allen, no..

DJ88
05-08-2002, 02:33 PM
but since they don't carry the pumps, <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Awww crap.. They used to carry them. I need one now. My CA reactor minijet seems to have decided it's useful life span is up.

AJ_77
05-08-2002, 02:46 PM
This thread is like a 'Seinfeld' episode.

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 03:51 PM
how so?

AJ_77
05-08-2002, 05:00 PM
not that there's anything wrong with that...

StirCrazy
05-08-2002, 06:13 PM
you know this meens that tomorrow when I wake up I am going to have to go down to storage and open my bucket and see if there is a pump inside it.

Brad, what did Allen say exactly. it would seam to me if they are selling a product that does not come as advertised, then it IS there responsability to find out why and have the company make amends. It might be as simple as a batch got throught with out getting it and a simple phone call from a company saying "hey 10 of these buckets that say they have a free pump are missing the free pump."

Titus, the new version has spell check right :D :D

Steve

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Steve, here is a quote from Allen.."You are best off to contact the company as we do not
carry
the pumps."

Pretty much tells me he doesn't want to deal with it.

smokinreefer
05-08-2002, 08:47 PM
hey,
i emailed aquariumsystems this morning and to my surprise got a reply right away. basically she told me to send them a copy of my receipt and they would take care of it for me.
but let me tell you this, i am not one for keeping receipts for anything, and being that i bought my salt almost 2 weeks ago, i thought i was out of luck for sure. scrounged through my wallet no receipt, scoured my cluttered desk, no receipt, even found the bag from JL, no receipt.
turns out my wife for some odd reason tossed the receipt into my desk drawer. so i will get my pump after all. tho i bet it will take 6-8 weeks. haahhahha. but i can tell you this, they have excellent customer service.

pocilipora
05-08-2002, 08:55 PM
If your using this pump for a reactor, just T off your main return pump. This board is such a soap opera. Titus, you better shut this thread down before IO gets mad.lol

[ 08 May 2002, 17:30: Message edited by: pocilipora ]

smokinreefer
05-08-2002, 09:04 PM
heh, i hear ya tongue.gif

but for me, it was more of just a principle thing. i didnt even know there was suppossed to be a pump in my bucket. just wanted to see how they'd handle it.

Aquattro
05-09-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by TRIGGER_HAPPY:
Just wanted to say I agree with StirCrazy and Reef_Raf 100%.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't really agree that J&L should have to deal with it. That was Steve's idea. I'll email Aquarium Systems tomorrow, although my receipt is probably gone.
Allen can send me a new one, I guess.

AJ_77
05-09-2002, 04:23 AM
you know...

Aquattro
05-09-2002, 04:53 AM
OK...

Samw
05-25-2002, 11:27 PM
I'm setting up a clay pot water fountain in my apartment and want to use my free mini-jet for that. So I started scooping out salt from my bucket. Yippie, I found the pump mid-way down the bucket.

smokinreefer
05-26-2002, 04:57 AM
you b@st@rd! :D :cool: tongue.gif

canadawest
05-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Just opened up my brand new bucket of IO salt tonight, and lo and behold there was a little Minijet 404 inside! :D

Wooohoo, now I have some much needed extra circulation in my little refugium! :cool:

smokinreefer
06-24-2002, 02:26 PM
well i still dont have my pump yet. :mad:

Tau2301
06-24-2002, 07:55 PM
Just bought my second bucket to get a free pump so my wife could set up her clay pot fountain on the patio - works great.

Of course I made sure that the outside of the bucket was labeled that it had a free mini-jet inside before I carried it to the front of the store. ;)

For you Calgary Reefers, I got the last bucket that Big Al's had at that time.

StirCrazy
06-27-2002, 12:33 AM
Well I just opend my bucket today and lo and behold there was a little mini jet 404 smile.gif using it to cirulate the water in my 25 gal now..

Steve