PDA

View Full Version : lf: leopard wrasse

riceboy
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM
hey everyone i'm just seeing if anyone is getting rid of one or has seen in a lfs, had one on hold for me at a lfs but it kicked the bucket before i could even return to buy it.

riceboy
10-10-2011, 11:24 PM
oh ya i wanted a blue star leopard wrasse

piusma
10-11-2011, 05:24 PM
They are not easy unless you could find one that is already eating. To keep one long term, either you have a healthy one to begin with or you'll want to have a good QT system and routine. Ick isn't the biggest thing with them but you do want to properly deworm it and make sure it's got no flukes or other issues.

Most of the lfs mix all their incoming fish which further complicates things. I have not seen a blue star at a lfs myself but do have luck with a couple leopard wrasses from J&L in BC. I am 2 out of 4 when it comes to leopards and all 4 fish went through 6 weeks of QT with a dish of sand to sleep. 2 died a couple of months later stopped eating frozen and the other two been doing well over 9 months.

I wish you luck with your search.

Steven

riceboy
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
ya golds had a couple blue star and i put one on hold for me, but didn't seem any of them made it. its a really pretty fish so i would like to try one and see how it goes

reefmaster12345
10-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I have a leopard wrase for sale i dont know how much there worth hes a pig eat lots and loves pellets as i say i dont know how much they are worth so lets make it interesting the person to offer the most gets it :p

riceboy
10-11-2011, 07:33 PM
lol dude you gotta put a price lol golds had them for 30 so i'll give you 30 for it if its a blue star one lol