PDA

View Full Version : YIPPPEEEE, I had a fish die!

globaldesigns
10-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah, believe it or not, I am happy!

With the coral deaths I have had, never lost any fish. Fish just won't die, and I do have some I want gone, that I can't catch.

Finally, one of the bicolor Chromis is gone. Was floating upside down, breathing hard. Caught him, flushed him.... I hate these buggers as they dig and stir up quite a sand storm at times. Only 2 left now, come on now. YIPPPEEE!!!!

The Grizz
10-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh you sadist!!:twised: I had a Black Back butterfly die on me today but not as happy as you are about it

Lampshade
10-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Haha, i feel the same way. I have a yellow tail damsel come in some live rock i got in my first tank. He beats on all my fish, attacks any coral i put by his "home" and is just generally a jerk. I now know why the person i got liverock from didn't want him back, they where probably happy :(.

Bblinks
10-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Demsals are probably the most hated fish that everyone one time or another had it in there tank. My buddy just bought a damsel for his Biocube, needless to say it took out his firefish and he had to pull apart his whole tank just to fish him out. It almost made him quit the hobby. Moral of the story is DON'T BUY A DAMSEL.:twised:
Ps I have a yellow tail damsel who has been with me for 7 years, I think it's just my luck he has been behaving the way he has. Knock on wood. I hope I don't have to get rid of him. :mrgreen:

The Grizz
10-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I have a yellow & a blue fin damsel in my FOWLR & a azure damsel in my reef, never had any problems with them at all. The Yellow damsel came from a buddy who said it was the meanest fish he'd ever see and now it is the calmest one in my FOWLR.

Bblinks
10-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Prolly because it was the last fish added.

The Grizz
10-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Not even close, it was one of the first to go in.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-10-2011, 04:16 AM
I actually like all of my damsels and chromis. Mostly have blue with yellow tails but also some big Sergeant Majors.

Coleus
10-10-2011, 05:55 AM
well not all damsels are the evils but majority is. I am lucky with mine, it was my first fish in my current tank and still a very moderate citizen

kien
10-10-2011, 06:03 AM
I love my 4 stripe damsel :-D Although, he is a bit of a jerk towards me whenever I put my hand in the tank. Leaves everyone else in the tank alone though.

Madreefer
10-10-2011, 06:04 AM
If it's not damsels that people hate and try to get out of their tank it's 6 line wrasses.

cwatkins
10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
I have 2 blue/yellow damsels in a 90. One gets 1/2 the tank, the other gets the other side. Works out well. You NEVER see them cross paths :)

globaldesigns
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
If it's not damsels that people hate and try to get out of their tank it's 6 line wrasses.

I did love my 6 line wrasse, so much character... But he commited suicide by going down my overflow, and found him head first in my skimmer pump. That was a couple years back, and was a sad day.

silentcivilian
10-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Just to put it out there. I accept Damsels at no cost, you fish them out, ill take them. They go into my tank, and their fate is already sealed. Haha, let Darwin do the talking ;)