DOMINATOR
10-07-2011, 11:14 PM
BIG SOFTBALL SIZE.....10$ STILL GOT SOME LEFT

bades
10-08-2011, 04:57 PM
pm'd

abcha0s
10-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Isn't cheato supposed to be free? Reefers helping reefers? What's $10 going to get you?

Zoaelite
10-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Isn't cheato supposed to be free? Reefers helping reefers? What's $10 going to get you?

$10.00 of profit too boot! Pretty sure I gave you a ziplock full of the stuff for free, keep the spirit going please.

Madreefer
10-10-2011, 06:09 AM

I have the same thoughts. Makes me laugh when people advertise macro algae for sale. If a person can get it to grow you usually just end up throwing lots away.

dunl
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
For those looking to unload some, Red Coral is looking for chaeto.

DOMINATOR
10-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Thank you to all the local reefers who supported the cause this weekend! Breast and prostate cancer is a serious issue and god bless to those who attended! We raised 2400$ on coral, chaeto and fish sales and I hope to increase the numbers next year!!! You guys rule!!! I will be having a party first week of december, all donations will go directly to the cause! Thanks again for your generous acts!!!

globaldesigns
10-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Now I am really confused, were you selling or raising money? Hmmmm, first time hearing of a fund raiser for a cause! If so, very nice work.

DOMINATOR
10-11-2011, 03:32 AM
10$ can get you a long way. A starving child in Africa can eat for a month. A sick mother in BC can get meds for a day. A dying daughter can get a dream for a weekend....lets not judge people, we have so much to offer but our own greed stops us from paying it forward. I love you all, so keep your hearts opened, its not all about us!!!:biggrin:

Coleus
10-11-2011, 04:53 AM
Thank you to all the local reefers who supported the cause this weekend! Breast and prostate cancer is a serious issue and god bless to those who attended! We raised 2400$ on coral, chaeto and fish sales and I hope to increase the numbers next year!!! You guys rule!!! I will be having a party first week of december, all donations will go directly to the cause! Thanks again for your generous acts!!!

local reefer? I am wondering anyone from canreef? This is first time i heard this raising fund event.

BMahura
10-11-2011, 05:40 AM
A starving child in Africa, A sick mother in BC, A dying daughter, prostate cancer, breast cancer. What was the fundraiser even for. I'm really confused about this whole situation.

abcha0s
10-11-2011, 05:43 AM
So, who exactly attended this thing?

MarkoD
10-11-2011, 06:51 AM
lol

bmo
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
this is getting interesting mystery fund raiser arises.

Quartapound
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
sounds like sarcasm/misdirection to me.

I was just given a large ball of Chaeto last night, from a Local Reefer.

Thanks Dan!

dankent
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
smoke and mirrors ... I give the stuff away myself .. mostly because its usually to help out some one who is starting out ... LFS sells for 10 bucks a bag ... but has been known just to toss it in to a sale on occasion.

riceboy
10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
lol pretty sure it wasn't for a charity or he would of wrote it in the op, heck i would of bought some if it was for charity

MarkoD
10-11-2011, 06:20 PM
anyone wanna buy cheato from me to support my charity?

its called the "Help Marko Buy Rims Fund"

RESONANCE
10-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Specifically @ Madreefer

Uhmmm... don't get so down on people who like macro algae. They have a unique beauty of their own that can sometimes rival corals. You're dismissing a big portion of this hobby just because of 1 bad apple.

I can understand you deriding this person for selling a small portion of cheato for this much; it's everywhere, and easy to grow. But what would you say about someone selling xenia or gsp? That stuff is the cheato of the coral domain.

Try keeping, and getting a frag of halymenia or nemstoma to grow for you. Don't dismiss people who collect, and grow macro algae until you try some for yourself. :wink: If macros aren't enough of a challenge for you, try sea grasses lol. :biggrin:

I have the same thoughts. Makes me laugh when people advertise macro algae for sale. If a person can get it to grow you usually just end up throwing lots away.

MarkoD
10-12-2011, 06:09 AM
easy there sparky. im pretty sure he was referring to cheato.

Specifically @ Madreefer

Uhmmm... don't get so down on people who like macro algae. They have a unique beauty of their own that can sometimes rival corals. You're dismissing a big portion of this hobby just because of 1 bad apple.

I can understand you deriding this person for selling a small portion of cheato for this much; it's everywhere, and easy to grow. But what would you say about someone selling xenia or gsp? That stuff is the cheato of the coral domain.

Try keeping, and getting a frag of halymenia or nemstoma to grow for you. Don't dismiss people who collect, and grow macro algae until you try some for yourself. :wink: If macros aren't enough of a challenge for you, try sea grasses lol. :biggrin:

Madreefer
10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Specifically @ Madreefer

I'm not dissin people with macro algae. Skabooya has a pretty cool lookin macro algae specific rank. To each their own. Maybe I should go edit my post and replace macro with chaeto. Would that make yo happy? As for the people that sell xenia or GSP I say they are evil, i've been around long enough to know what those do to a tank.:lol:

RESONANCE
10-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi Madreefer,

LOL, ya don't have to change anything. Thought u were messin with the macro algae maniacs. Just thought someone had to stand up and defend the general macro algae community and figured might as well be me lol. :wink:

Cheers mate!