PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Tangs ???

unclesalty
10-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Just wondering who in Edmonton presently has the best selection of Tangs in stock at reasonable prices? Also who has the cheapest prices for pails of salt as its time to stockpile some pails. Unfotunately I will be missing out on boxing day sales in Alberta this year:sad:

Flash
10-05-2011, 10:56 PM
livestock depends on what tangs you are looking for... and price of salt depends on the brand of salt you use.

RedCoralEdmonton
10-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Lyndsy speaks the truth....

Steve

unclesalty
10-06-2011, 12:13 AM
livestock depends on what tangs you are looking for... and price of salt depends on the brand of salt you use.

I haven't fully made my mind yet on what kind of Tang.
Coralife is what I use for salt.

Flash
10-06-2011, 12:14 AM
what size is your tank?

RedCoralEdmonton
10-06-2011, 12:15 AM
best bet is to google the tangs you like and then call around for pricing.... all stores should have a general idea what they charge for them....

as for coralife salt you are looking between 50 and 60 usually

Steve

unclesalty
10-06-2011, 12:15 AM
what size is your tank?

120 gal for now and soon to be upgraded to a 180gal!

unclesalty
10-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Any place in Edmonton sell par meters by chance? I was looking for a used one but impossible to find used so it looks like I will have to buy new one. Looking for an Apogee with the MQ-200 sensor.

BlueTang<3
10-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Any place in Edmonton sell par meters by chance? I was looking for a used one but impossible to find used so it looks like I will have to buy new one. Looking for an Apogee with the MQ-200 sensor.

Good luck on that I have been trying to get one but cant find them either. aquarium illusions was going to be ordering some in here quickly.

The Grizz
10-06-2011, 02:23 AM
As of late I have managed to by a few REALLY REALLY NICE Tangs from fellow reefers ( mostly common Tangs ) but I could not be happier with them. Recently picked up a huge Sailfin, a gorgeous Regal, an amazing Powder Blue, a sweet Naso & a couple Yellow Tangs. I have tried a few store bought Tangs with no success especially the Naso & PB. Still looking for a Blonde Naso though.

As for salt because of the amount of tanks I use IO Reef Crystals & found the best price for it at Concepts.

naesco
10-06-2011, 02:59 AM
I haven't fully made my mind yet on what kind of Tang.
Coralife is what I use for salt.

If you considering the Acanthurus species here are the ones to avoid.
wetwebmedia.com/AcanthurusBad.htm

If your large tank (6 feet) is in progress you can decide and buy now. If it is just a plan I would wait until you actually do it as things come up (family and financial issues for example) that force you not to proceed and the tangs are stuck in a four footer.

All LFS order through importers. It is important that you choose a good LFS rather than one that happens to have what you want.

The reason is that it is easy for you just order the size and you want and the LFS will be happy to order the tangs for you and they will come in with the next order from the area. A couple of week wait. They call you when the tangs arrive so you can cherry pick the best ones.

unclesalty
10-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Good luck on that I have been trying to get one but cant find them either. aquarium illusions was going to be ordering some in here quickly.

If I find and buy one I can sell it to you right after I am done with it. I am only using it to compare and test the Aqua Illuminations and the Radions to decide which set of lights I am keeping!