PDA

View Full Version : maxijet suction cup replacments?

dekay
02-05-2004, 02:08 AM
anyone know if stores carry maxijet PH suction cups? my powerhead fell down today blasting sand all over the place. i'm still waiting for the sand to settle.

what should i do besides blasting sand off my corals?

kuatto
02-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Some of the powerheads are sold with a plastic hanger(the sides of the pwrhd has grooves that it slides into).The maxijets should have this feature,just find one of these hangers and your in business.Suction cups are a pain in the butt!

Jim

Chad
02-05-2004, 02:36 AM
go to Big Al's .. they will sell them to you.. I bought 3 there the other day.

dekay
02-05-2004, 02:39 AM
go to Big Al's .. they will sell them to you.. I bought 3 there the other day.

thx, i'll drop by big al's richmond tomorrow after work. might as well buy extras too.

beaker020
02-06-2004, 12:42 AM
I have replaced mine with suction cups bought from Zellers and Home Hardware. They come with little metal clips attached to them which are easily removed. Just look at them carefully. Some have thicker "necks" then others. You need ones with narrow necks.

EmilyB
02-06-2004, 02:29 AM
:eek:

dekay
02-06-2004, 04:27 AM
Went to Big Als Richmond tonight and they don't have any in stock. Person there said they sell them for $5 for a set of 3 plus 2 weeks waiting time :eek:. Anyone got any ideas where else I can find them?

Also, my emerald died this morning :sad:

Chad
02-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Went to Big Als Richmond tonight and they don't have any in stock. Person there said they sell them for $5 for a set of 3 plus 2 weeks waiting time :eek:. Anyone got any ideas where else I can find them?

Also, my emerald died this morning :sad:

Hmm, go to the one in Burnaby.. The guy took them right out of the box for me.

Maybe call ahead before you go out there.

Bob I
02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Rather than running around flooking for new suction cups as a temporary fix, it might be better to build a few brackets out of acrylic for the powerheads. If you are at all handy and have some tools you can do it yourself, or you can do it like I did by finding a fellow reefer willing to do it for you. All you need is some acrylic sheeting, a few plastic screws and a tap to thread the holes. I will post a couple of pictures of the ones I use. :biggrin:

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/bracket1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/bracket2.jpg

Jason McK
02-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Bob,
I love those brackets but I just can't get my head around how the PH fits in them. Is there any way you could post a pic with a PH in the bracket?
Thanks
Jason

Bob I
02-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Bob,
I love those brackets but I just can't get my head around how the PH fits in them. Is there any way you could post a pic with a PH in the bracket?
Thanks
Jason

The brackets are designed for the Maxijet series of powerheads. These come with a bracket that has three slots for the suction cups. All we did was replace the suction cups with screws.. I hope you can visualise that. I don't really want to haul the powerheads out of the tank if I can help it. :eek:

Chad
02-06-2004, 04:22 PM
I like the brakets.. when mine eventualy fails I will make one.. I needed the suction cups to make an overflow. I wasn't quite sure how I would make the overflow adjustable so I just decided this would be easier :biggrin: