PDA

View Full Version : digital Aquatics Set up help

lapdog2020
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I have the reef keeper Elite V2 and nothing is working for me

#1 The sid is not working at all
#2 I just got it just this friday and it looks like the sid is out of date for the My reef 2.0 but yet I'm using Windows 7 Not sure if that is the problem?
#3 I was able to get things hooked up but can't program the net mod to see my router.
#4 This unit is driving me nuts. lol

Does anyone have this unit and have any info about what to do

Oh ya I went to the DA web suite to find info about why my sid is not working and what i figure is they sent me the old sid and if thats the case then I'm not very happy about it. So if there is anyone that might have any info on this please reply to this add......... I'm going nut with this lol

Thanks

Cal_stir
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
what version is your sid, you need V2.0.
windows7 works fine.
you need Myreef build 78 and all modules updated to latest version.
i don't have NET so i can't help there.

phi delt reefer
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
if u SID updates but wont see other modules then you need to contact DA and have them send you a new SID. There are a few duds out there... welcome to the ReefKeeper - it'll be one of the most frustrating purchases of your life :D

lapdog2020
10-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the replys. Ya i kinda figured that about DA but there going to feel a big rath from me tomorrow thats for sure. I just got this controller just friday. You would think that they would give me the latest sid and products that are there. this really steams me up. I guess i now know why they call it reef keeper, you need just as much patients with this as you need for your reef keeping tank lol

lapdog2020
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
what version is your sid, you need V2.0.
windows7 works fine.
you need Myreef build 78 and all modules updated to latest version.
i don't have NET so i can't help there.

So how do you update the sid then or do i need to. the my reef v2.0 said it only supports the 2.0 version only. and yet the down load firmwear is the same as my sid version this is what is driving me nuts. Would it be ok to call you and if it is please PM me with your number longdistance is free for me........ thanks Chris

Cal_stir
10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
if you got an old sid then you probably got some old stock from a vendor not from DA, and you won't be the first or the last to RIP DA A NEW ONE.

phi delt reefer
10-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Honestly it's a cheap controller for a reason...it's ****. And yes I have one so one I can say that. Return it and buy a aqua controller by Neptune. The jr. Doesn't have an interface but if u have an iPhone it won't matter

babyreef
10-03-2011, 02:50 AM
BLANK

doch
10-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Wow. I absolutley love my RKE, and wouldn't go any other way if I had it to do over again. I think it's great. Super easy to program, no glitches, great customer service through their forum... etc, etc. My only complaint is that I'm too lazy to send my SID in for the upgrade... I guess I'm on the bum draggers list!! lol

reef93
10-03-2011, 03:07 AM
I have the reef keeper Elite V2 and nothing is working for me

#1 The sid is not working at all
#2 I just got it just this friday and it looks like the sid is out of date for the My reef 2.0 but yet I'm using Windows 7 Not sure if that is the problem?
#3 I was able to get things hooked up but can't program the net mod to see my router.
#4 This unit is driving me nuts. lol

Does anyone have this unit and have any info about what to do

Oh ya I went to the DA web suite to find info about why my sid is not working and what i figure is they sent me the old sid and if thats the case then I'm not very happy about it. So if there is anyone that might have any info on this please reply to this add......... I'm going nut with this lol

Thanks

I have a digital aquatics ... and it is driving me nuts too. And I think I am the most dumbest person in this hobby. I had asked someone at J&L to help me twice already, and the last time I wrote it down whatever he told me to (I should have looked what his fingers were doing with the head unit at that time instead of just listening) Now I can not even understand my own %&^!# writing :twised:. I had went through their web site and printed out the user guide, but still didn't help me at all. Damn it ! I just hate myself !

Cugio
10-03-2011, 03:26 AM
I have had no problems with my unit. Lets see if we can figure this out together.

Did you download the latest my reef program from their website? You have to create a user account on their forum site in order to download it or see the link.

Plug the SID v2.0 to your controller and then plug it into your USB port. Then start the my reef program. it should show up and let you upgrade the firmware.

Then plug one module in at a time by connecting it using the adapter. Refresh the view in the reef program or close the program entirely and then open it again. It should then show up. Now update the firmware on the module. The the same for the next item, but don't unplug the previous module from the controller, keep it plugged in.

After your done updating the firmware, do a hard reset on the controller.

Now unplug the SID and plug then plug the controller back into the computer with all the modules attached. you should be able to program them using the software.

apexifd
10-03-2011, 03:36 AM
I have a digital aquatics ... and it is driving me nuts too. And I think I am the most dumbest person in this hobby. I had asked someone at J&L to help me twice already, and the last time I wrote it down whatever he told me to (I should have looked what his fingers were doing with the head unit at that time instead of just listening) Now I can not even understand my own %&^!# writing :twised:. I had went through their web site and printed out the user guide, but still didn't help me at all. Damn it ! I just hate myself !

what do you need help on or trying to program?? I might be able to help

reef93
10-03-2011, 03:48 AM
what do you need help on or trying to program?? I might be able to help

My hero, my dear friend, it's you to help rescue me again :mrgreen: Let me try for a few more times before I accept how stupid I am. By the way, I had sent you a PM about a week ago, let me know if you are interested in the pellets because they are ready for you now. If you do let me know, I may bring it to you together with the controller unit.

reefme
10-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I have 2 of RKEs. One is running, the other setting up for new tank.
If you live close by I could help you out if I know.

cale262
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
...My only complaint is that I'm too lazy to send my SID in for the upgrade... I guess I'm on the bum draggers list!! lol

I'm in the same boat, I set up my RKE and since then everything is working great so...why bother upgrading.

IMO the DA stuff is all good, way easier to program and more stable than the APEX (I have both).

doch
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm in the same boat, I set up my RKE and since then everything is working great so...why bother upgrading.

IMO the DA stuff is all good, way easier to program and more stable than the APEX (I have both).

I've heard a few people say this... I'm shocked to hear people complain about it. I love mine.

apexifd
10-03-2011, 10:50 PM
My hero, my dear friend, it's you to help rescue me again :mrgreen: Let me try for a few more times before I accept how stupid I am. By the way, I had sent you a PM about a week ago, let me know if you are interested in the pellets because they are ready for you now. If you do let me know, I may bring it to you together with the controller unit.

I can take the pellets... PM me on what you are trying to program.