PDA

View Full Version : Free Upgrage Available for the Tunze 6105

viperfish
10-02-2011, 05:31 PM
http://reefbuilders.com/2011/09/28/tunze-stream-6105-fix-tunze/#more-48797

I have been talking to Roger at Tunze in the US and they just received their shipment of jumpers. He figures the Canadian ones will be arriving shortly. Just an FYI, it won't do any good to use the email address shown in the article, the Canadian email address is xeniaservice@videotron.ca

mseepman
10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Just so you don't get too frustrated...Xenia is Phil...he rarely returns emails...actually makes frag-a-lot look like they give stellar service. Eventually the overwhelming number of calls will get Phil to do something. You just have to be patient. I have two 6105's and they both already have the 24v jumper so I imagine many Canadian Tunzes must have come fixed already.

viperfish
10-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Just so you don't get too frustrated...Xenia is Phil...he rarely returns emails...actually makes frag-a-lot look like they give stellar service. Eventually the overwhelming number of calls will get Phil to do something. You just have to be patient. I have two 6105's and they both already have the 24v jumper so I imagine many Canadian Tunzes must have come fixed already.

I received an email back from him today. He said he hasn't received the shipment from Tunze yet, but will send the jumpers out as soon as they arrive.

I bought a 6105 from Red Coral about a month ago and it still had the 18v jumper. I know it wasn't old stock because RC had just received new shipment from Tunze at the time. It would be cool to put the two side by side and see the difference. Now all I need is the wide flow kit and I'm all set!

lastlight
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the wide flow kit is not going to increase flow and is still not recommended for longer tanks if you need the reach these powerheads are known for. I'm glad the flow numbers will be closer to advertised but wonder if the pumps are designed to hold up long-term at the rotational speed.

Delphinus
10-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I found my 6105 to be noisy when running the 24v jumpers. Can't hear it turn at 18v (unless I put my ear to the tank) but at 24v there was a noticeable hum from a few feet away from the tank. Just a heads up..

lastlight
10-03-2011, 08:06 PM
buy a few vortechs so you don't notice =)

AquaticFinatic
10-23-2011, 11:49 PM
How did this turn out? Any more news and do they become noisy with the 24v? Thanks

viperfish
10-27-2011, 03:51 AM
I received an email from Xenia North America yesterday, my jumpers are in the mail. I'll let you know how the pumps perform. I don't think I'll have to worry about noise, right now when they run at max speed you can't hear them at all.

Bblinks
10-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Me too me too, I sent out an email to Phil and he replied right away, acknowledging the issue and the corrective measure that tunze has put forward. Couple of weeks later worla, another email from Phil stating that the jumper has been sent out. I'll let you guys know how it goes.:biggrin:

lastlight
11-06-2011, 06:27 PM
You guys get your jumpers yet?

I don't know HOW this could happen without Tunze knowing but EVERY last 24V jumper I received are slightly too wide to FIT into the transformers! I tried each one in each of my transformers... they are too wide! :lol:

I'll shoot Phil an email... I can't believe it. Wonder if we'll be asked to sand them down? It would work I suppose.