PDA

View Full Version : Oops, is this bad?

Coralgurl
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Noticed my cleaner shrimp died this morning, when I went to pull it out, I dropped it and it floated into my bubble coral. I tried to pull it out but the bubble had a good grip on it and it's almost disappeared into it's mouth. It's a good size shrimp, is this going to cause me problems? I haven't fed the bubble in a couple of days so that's not a concern.....

daniella3d
10-02-2011, 02:31 PM
no, not really. it will digest what it can and it will poop the rest. Since we cannot force feed a coral, it will eat if it wants to eat and if it does, I am guessing it consider the thing as food.

In nature I am guessing this happen from time to time and corals take all the opportunities to feed that they can have.

Noticed my cleaner shrimp died this morning, when I went to pull it out, I dropped it and it floated into my bubble coral. I tried to pull it out but the bubble had a good grip on it and it's almost disappeared into it's mouth. It's a good size shrimp, is this going to cause me problems? I haven't fed the bubble in a couple of days so that's not a concern.....

Myka
10-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Are you sure it wasn't just a shrimp molt? They look startlingly alike! The coral will be fine, it will spit it out if it needs to.

Coralgurl
10-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Yep it was the shrimp, it molted shortly after I added to the tank last week. Not sure what went wrong, was fine yesterday, he was like a fishy car wash, fish all went for a cleaning (dealing with ich at the moment).
Piggy coral, wasn't letting go for nothing!