PDA

View Full Version : Best Canadian Zoas

NanoReef
09-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good place to order zoas from. I tried The Reef Shoppe and had good luck with the ones I wanted until it came down to ordering.. Now I can't get ahold of him so I'm back to where I started. So what's the best place to order zoas from?

windcoast reefs
09-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I have had some good luck with oceans direct. They do allot of frags, but they are decent pricing and good sizes. Cheap shipping to.

Myka
09-30-2011, 09:25 PM
That's weird...Kelly's usually pretty easy to get a hold of. How were you trying? Phone? Email? He is only open in the evenings though, then all day Sat/Sun, closed Monday.

NanoReef
09-30-2011, 11:42 PM
I was calling. Found out why though. I just talked to him finally and he was out of town. Doing an order tomorrow finally! Kelly has been great to deal with so far. Any other good places around?

RedCoralEdmonton
09-30-2011, 11:51 PM
any of the Red Coral stores.... but i am a bit biased lol....

Check my zoa threads for some of our stock

Steve

reefwars
10-01-2011, 02:01 AM
I was calling. Found out why though. I just talked to him finally and he was out of town. Doing an order tomorrow finally! Kelly has been great to deal with so far. Any other good places around?

was gonna say thats weird too kelly def is a stand up guy to deal with :)

NanoReef
10-01-2011, 03:35 AM
any of the Red Coral stores.... but i am a bit biased lol....

Check my zoa threads for some of our stock

Steve

Yea Kelly has been great so far. Alright I checked your recent zoa threads and got a question or 2... by chance do you have tubs blues? Dragon eyes? (not radioactive), blue hornets? Darth mauls? Where would I find the best list of what you guys have?

RedCoralEdmonton
10-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I have all of the above right now and some new ones came in tonight so ill be posting pictures soon.....

Steve

NanoReef
10-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Perfect. I will be contacting you ASAP. One more question. Price for frags? I will keep me eye out for your new post so I can call in an order!

RedCoralEdmonton
10-01-2011, 04:35 AM
regular zoa frags are 10 bucks for a frag, but some of the higher end stuff is up to 30 a frag usually

Steve

daniella3d
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
If they were any reliable, fragalot have a beautiful collection. A year ago I bought some eye of rae from them and they are absolutely gorgious polyps, deep ocean blue with a pink center and green skirt! They have deep water and a few very nice ones, but order from them is often a gamble. The problem is they sometime take long time to ship, don't ship the right thing or take a very long time to refound if needed to.

But in Canada it is nearly impossible to find such a good selection of beautiful zoanthids anywhere else.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/daniella3ds/_MG_2392.jpg

Hey guys. I'm looking for a good place to order zoas from. I tried The Reef Shoppe and had good luck with the ones I wanted until it came down to ordering.. Now I can't get ahold of him so I'm back to where I started. So what's the best place to order zoas from?

NanoReef
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I agree with you. It's too bad fragalot is so unreliable because they DO have some cool stuff. Buddy of mine got 1 out of 8 things he ordered lol. For the last couple days I have been dealing with steve from red coral with great success, and will be placing our order Monday! Now, where is the best place in Canada to buy a clean up crew?!

fishoholic
10-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I agree with you. It's too bad fragalot is so unreliable because they DO have some cool stuff. Buddy of mine got 1 out of 8 things he ordered lol. For the last couple days I have been dealing with steve from red coral with great success, and will be placing our order Monday! Now, where is the best place in Canada to buy a clean up crew?!

Steve at red coral has the best prices for clean up crew

NanoReef
10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
They don't have any of the astrea, or nerite snails I'm after. I AM ordering the 20 hermits from him though!

riceboy
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
hmm red coral sometimes gets some neat stuff in and looks great, and i just about a month ago golds had colonies of darth mauls in for only 30 bucks, i think you just have to keep an eye out but they do show up.

NanoReef
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I have a frag of darth mauls, tubs blues, blue hornets, dragoneyes, and an unknown one on order from redcoral all at a very reasonable price. It's just the clean up crew I'm after now

daniella3d
10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
are they real blue hornets with alternating color on the skirt? how many polyps and how much did you pay?

I am thinking of ordering some but I am looking for the true hornets.

I have a frag of darth mauls, tubs blues, blue hornets, dragoneyes, and an unknown one on order from redcoral all at a very reasonable price. It's just the clean up crew I'm after now

reefwars
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
these were the ones i got off steve a long time ago not sure if their the samer as he has now but i would think so lol

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/reefwars/little%2033/024-7.jpg?t=1295124606

RedCoralEdmonton
10-06-2011, 06:13 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/94turbocoupe/IMG_2239.jpg

Same ones Ive had for nearly a year now....

Steve

NanoReef
10-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm pumped about getting them! Gotta wait till next week though damnit!

daniella3d
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
In the true hornets, one tentacle is green or yellow and the next one is blue, then yellow, then blue. There is no mix of color in each tentacle and each one is of its own full color, but only one color per tentacles. That's actualy what is really cool about the hornets, not the center ring.

This is what I am really looking for:

http://www.coralpedia.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6748&g2_serialNumber=1

http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/attachments/coral-collector/purple-hornets-newpics0009-2.jpg-2942d1308686348

RedCoralEdmonton
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
did you not look at my photo? looks like alternating skirts to me? or am I missing something?

Steve

reefwars
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
this is prob a yearly event for her lol http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t241643.html

Gripenfelter
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
fragalot.ca

daniella3d
10-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Yes I did see your pic, I was refering the other photo, not yours. Yours have the alternating tentacles.

did you not look at my photo? looks like alternating skirts to me? or am I missing something?

Steve

daniella3d
10-07-2011, 12:32 AM
wow, are you normal? LOLRDTF!!! doing a search all over the internet for me? pathetic LOL!! This is so funny!

this is prob a yearly event for her lol http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t241643.html

reefwars
10-07-2011, 01:38 AM
wow, are you normal? LOLRDTF!!! doing a search all over the internet for me? pathetic LOL!! This is so funny!

i actually just happened to see it before ive been on that site lots of times so i wouldnt say all over the internet, i wouldnt give you that kind of time but hey;)

NanoReef
10-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Lol oh god guys... this thread isn't titled "the great hornet debate"... I don't care if they are "true" or not. I love the look of them and that's it.. Can't wait to get em