PDA

View Full Version : Question about plumbing??

tony_3a
09-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guys i got a question! I recently picked up a used tank that was custom made(I believe it was out of aquatic addictions here in abbotsford). Anyways the question I have is, and maybe this is normal, but i have never seen it, the tank has 2 small corner overflows each drilled only once with 1 inch standpipes in it, and nothing else. Just 2 open pipes, I dont even think there is room to get a durso in there. Im just curious just because with 2 open pipes there I am thinking there will be a shitload of noise/gurgling.

I was thinking i could do like a dual herbie but the problem with that is I would have no emergency drain so that would be a problem if either of them got plugged.

Im just out if ideas.

Any help is appreciated.

sphelps
09-30-2011, 04:16 PM
You can use either stockman standpipes or HGB style. Both should fit.

Or you can still do a herbie but you'll have to use one overflow as the primary and the other as a back up but it can still work.

ScubaSteve
09-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Ditto on the stockman's unless you want to go herbie and try some thing creative like this:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_jXcKvFXhXng/TKFJ1iypHOI/AAAAAAAABKI/WvA7LkaKsuY/35340uw.jpg

But really, stockmans will do you fine.

tony_3a
09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Ok I would prefer to do a herbie with one overflow being emergency and one being drain, now only problem is what is the Max flow a 1 inch herbie drain can handle? It's a 115 gallon tank I was going to use a panworld 1200gph pump. Would the 1 inch handle that?

Thanks guys.
Btw this will be a fish only tank.