PDA

View Full Version : Angelfisholic needs help !!!

reef93
09-30-2011, 02:50 AM
I only have a standard 75 gallon tank but I alredy housed 5 Angelfish plus another 10 different species. Here are the list of Angelfish I have :
1) Lemonpeel
2) Flame
3) Coral Beauty
4) Potter (just pick up last night)
5) Bicolor (also just pick up last night)

I was just thinking to buy another Cherub, Keyhole and Flameback whenever I have a chance to get all 3 at the same time. I know the list won't stop here, and I know I need at least a 120 gallon tank to feed my Angelfish addiction. Does anybody here have a small tank like mine but houses too many Angels like me ? I don't mind if they want to nip my sps corals, I enjoy to have these fish more than corals.

Coleus
09-30-2011, 03:08 AM
well just let hope they won't kill each other with your current 5 angels.

reef93
09-30-2011, 03:15 AM
No, they actually really get along very well and play together with the last 2 fish I bought last night. I think if I buy some more I won't have a problem about fighting, I am more worried about too much crowding in a small tank. I can sell other fish if I need to.

Coleus
09-30-2011, 03:19 AM
No, they actually really get along very well and play together.

Well i understand 3 with 75 gallon is pushing limit already. And now you just add 2 more, I hope you got some luck that they won't start fighting in couple months. Then you can try to add more i guess if your tank system can handle bio load. There are always some exceptions in hobby i guess

reef93
09-30-2011, 03:25 AM
I have learned how to introduce angelfish without any problem, I am more worried about bio load as you say.

Coleus
09-30-2011, 03:44 AM
I have learned how to introduce angelfish without any problem, I am more worried about bio load as you say.

Really? can you share me some tips so i can add 2 more to my 155 tank? because i have 3 now and when i add 1 more, my flame angel and multi color will kill the 4th

reef93
09-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Good thing you are far away if not you have to buy me a pack of cigarettes :lol: ... just kidding. Ok, here is what I did for the last 10 years. While you are floating the bag with 2 or 3 new fish in the sump (remember no less than 2 fish, the more the better, and I always do at night) feed all your fish then turn off all lights, including your room's light, except the moon lights are still on. After you acclimate your new fish properly, you release them in your tank and turn off the moon lights immediately so the previous fish have no chance to attack or see the new comers. You need a very WEAK flash light not too bright to get out of the room though because it will be totally dark. Do not turn any light back on till the next morning, and voila ... done. I can add as many as I want to by doing this way for so many years.

George
09-30-2011, 04:42 AM
You have been doing this trick for 10 years and no problem!? Not even any diseases without any QT? hm....half of angles on your list known to be mean through thousands of years of evolution. And you think you can cheat them by sneaking in new tank mates.
Let us know after 6 months.