PDA

View Full Version : Missing wrasse

Proteus
09-28-2011, 11:51 PM
I have a lineatus wrasse which is approx 4". Two days ago my dimond gobie divided to make a townhouse complex. He made 4 new homes and made quite a mess. The tank was quite clouded and this is the last time I saw the wrasse. All other fish are fine and swimming around. The tank is covered overflows are blocked. Not in sump no where to be found.

Water peramiters are good.

Has anyone had a wrasse hide for a extended period of time

Flash
09-29-2011, 12:19 AM
3 days my tri-color disapeared.... then came out of my diamond goby hole one day.... probably just laying low!

Proteus
09-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks Lyndsy. I really hope so. That gobies bin on a mission since it's been back in the tank

reef93
09-29-2011, 03:58 AM
I have a lineatus wrasse which is approx 4". Two days ago my dimond gobie divided to make a townhouse complex. He made 4 new homes and made quite a mess. The tank was quite clouded and this is the last time I saw the wrasse. All other fish are fine and swimming around. The tank is covered overflows are blocked. Not in sump no where to be found.

Water peramiters are good.

Has anyone had a wrasse hide for a extended period of time

Townhouse complex is nothing :biggrin: if compared with my crab, he was making a high rise condo with my frags. I had to find him a new home after I found out all my frags were from him making condo.

Proteus
09-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Townhouse complex is nothing :biggrin: if compared with my crab, he was making a high rise condo with my frags. I had to find him a new home after I found out all my frags were from him making condo.

Haha that's awesome keeper of the frags.

Delphinus
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I had a lubbock's fairy wrasse hide to the point that I didn't see him after the first day for 4 or 5 months. I had long given him up for dead when one day he decided it was OK to be let seen.

That said, wrasses are notorious for jumping. Easily half the wrasses Iv'e tried over the years have met their end by jumping. They've surpassed all kinds of barriers (eg. eggcrate) or in some cases just ended up on the bracing 2" from the edge, you'd think they'd flop around a little and fall back in being so close but no, not always, apparently. :neutral:

STANKYfish
09-29-2011, 06:40 PM
+ 1 for jumping.

kien
09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a royal pencil wrasse that I thought was a goner for months. That is until one weekend when I noticed that his schedule is 2pm to 5pm without fail. :neutral: I'm not sure what he eats because he misses both morning feeding and evening feeding schedules. I only see him on rare weekends when I'm actually home and looking at the tank between the hours of 2pm and 5pm :lol:

Proteus
09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
I had a coris wrasse that had the same schedule. But thrived till he went carpet surfing. But I've fixed the jumping problem
The tank is completely covered with no way of getting out so here to hoping he is hiding for a while