PDA

View Full Version : no time for reef = bad.

smokinreefer
06-25-2002, 02:49 PM
i have company from outta town over. a best friend whom we havent seen fior a few years, and we've been taking him and his g/f, who is from japan around to see the sights and do some partying! but alas, i got up this morning, checked out the tank, and a large grey squamosa that i bought about a week ago is dead. :( :mad:
sad part is, the only spare time i had was to toss the clam and write this post. i'm off to whistler now.

just had to vent.

later

reefburnaby
06-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Hi,

Too much work and not enough time to do it. I know the feeling. In those types of situations, I tend to rotate the lighting schedule to midnight. In otherwords, the lighting happens at night...not during the day when I am working my butt.

Shao...sorry for your loss.

- Victor.

Bob I
06-25-2002, 11:13 PM
Tony I lurk everywhere. It is EMPATHIZE, it comes from the word EMPATHY. :D :D

Delphinus
06-26-2002, 02:11 AM
No, emphathy. The art of emphasizing my empathy.
Much similar to symphasize, the art of sympathizing with a symphony. Sheesh.

Dale D
06-26-2002, 03:21 AM
Shao.
Sorry to hear about your clam. :(

Since I started helping people set up their own reef tanks for a living, I have had more loses in my home system, than at any other time in the 10 years I have been keeping a reef. I've got plenty of time for everyone else's reef,but, my own. :(

That's why it is slowly evolving into a easy up keep system. Nothing to delicate or challenging.

I now know why alot of people in this business have given up doing, at home, what it was that got them into this business in the first place. :(

Besides, it's alot more fun trying new set ups and techniques using other peoples money. smile.gif

I have a beautiful 175 gallon bowfront reef that I get to play with and do whatever I want too to and it doesn't cost me a cent. :D ;)

[ 25 June 2002, 23:22: Message edited by: Dale D ]

Delphinus
06-26-2002, 04:23 AM
Sorry for your loss. :(

I emphathize with your plight. I leave for work well before lights on, and sometimes come home well after lights out due to various evening commitments (sports, club meetings, whatever), so all I see for days at a stretch is a dark tank. Because I have flex hours at work, there have been days I wait until after lights on to leave for work, but I get myself in trouble that way because coming in to work at 10:00 or 10:30 is not a good way to get into the boss's good books, flex hours or no.

But, I wouldn't give this up. If I only get to enjoy the tanks on weekends, and in the meantime just do my daily choires at midnight, well, that's good enough for me. I have no public aquarium to occasionally visit and get my reefing "fix" so it will have to be the tanks in my house.

Oh well, retirement is only 60-80 years away for me... :D

[ 25 June 2002, 12:24: Message edited by: delphinus ]