PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! - My ball valve broke

globaldesigns
09-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Well, I am in trouble, while turning a gate valve in the off position, the handle has broken. Taken it apart to find the valve in tacted, but the handle area is broken.

I need to replace 2 1" Gate valves, can anyone help? Will try to find parts in the morning.

martinmcnally
09-28-2011, 06:26 AM
You should still be able to turn the valve with a pair of pliers until you get a new one. Hot tub repair shops will stock them.

Martin

globaldesigns
09-28-2011, 06:27 AM
You should still be able to turn the valve with a pair of pliers until you get a new one. Hot tub repair shops will stock them.

Martin

Nopers, the plastic for that is torn. Damn cheap as valves.

Aquarium_Medics
09-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Try Western Pump, they carry all kinds of hot tub supplies

mytank90
09-28-2011, 10:44 AM
i have tryed looking for a gate valve at all the fish stores around calgary and was told there are 0 available .tryed a few smaller hot tub places with no luck .i talked to Dave at concept and he has some on order he might have 1 inch

globaldesigns
09-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Gotta say, Western Pump is that CATS A S S! They have everything there... So I got good ball valves with unions, and am going to set this up, so if anything ever breaks again, it will be an easy replacement.

globaldesigns
09-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Well, I am done... I HOPE!!! Now sitting back and waiting to see if there are any leaks.

Had to buy cutters and cut old plumbing out, in doing so, some plumbing cracked, and good thing I noticed. So cut everything out, checked for more cracks, all was now good... So I started rebuilding, using nice ball valves, with unions on both ends. All I can say is now if something goes wrong, I can easily take it apart.

Question though, I had everything laid out, and the ball valves have a directional arrow, for flow, so even had that accounted for. Well, started glueing and accidently put things in backwards, so the flow arrow for each valve is pointing towards the pump. Now, the valves close so the curve/ball is facing towards the outputs not the pump, and this is how my old valves were... So am I ok? I wanted to smack my head, as I noticed it once I glued one set of unions on, and didn't want cut off, and patch it or get new unions. Please advise, thanks.

FYI, for those needing valves, this is the ones I bought, but in white PVC: http://www.prahervalves.com/pagespool/singleunion1.html