PDA

View Full Version : Tips on quieting down Iwaki?

mr_alberta
02-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Anyone have any tips on quieting down my Iwaki 40RLT? The thing hums and whines like crazy! THe whining stops if I restrict the output but I don't know if that's normal. Any suggestions?

saltcreep
02-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Is it a Japanese or US built Iwaki? Generally thay are very quiet, in my experience. I'm running 7 of them in my warehouse and they are whisper quiet compared to my old system pump.

Is there something in the impeller? Sometimes crud will make it's way in and cause some noise. If it hasn't been cleaned for a while, that may be an option.

mr_alberta
02-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is a Japanese model. The pump is clean. Not a speck on it. I have it sitting on some foam right now, but that doesn't seem to do much.

saltcreep
02-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Are you able to isolate where the noise seems to be coming from within the pump? When you said "clean"...do you mean the outside or the inside? I have found that a whine will either come from something inside the intake or the seals are starting to go. My feeling is that it's the former.

mr_alberta
02-04-2004, 12:51 AM
I think I've found my problem. The piping was not lined up properly with the intake causing some vibration sound. I fixed that and it seems to be quieter though the fan still makes it a little loud.

Thanks for the suggestions though.