PDA

View Full Version : TOM Aqualifter Troubles - No output to Calcium Reactor

aquatechy
09-25-2011, 04:56 AM
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out here, I had a TOM AquLifter pump feeding my Korallin Calcium reactor, but it has stopped pumping water.

It was fine until last week, but then all of a sudden it got really slow, and now there is no water going through it. It is above my sump's water level and had no issues before. I've checked all the hardlines and there are no blockages. I don't know what to make of this, but it may be of diagnostic value: when I remove the output tube, I can feel some air coming through...

Any possible fixes, or is it toast? Alternatively, is there another way I can feed my calcium reactor that would be effective (but not via my return or siphon, I've already tried those and have had troubles fine tuning the drip rate). If I have to replace the Aqualifter, I might opt to go for something more reliable.

Thanks in advance guys.

Bryan
09-25-2011, 08:44 AM
What about the input and output lines to the Calcium reactor, are they plugged.

They don't last forever, may want to take it apart, bet the diaphragm is split. Thought they used to supply rebuild kits but maybe not any more.

aquatechy
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah they're completely clear. It still pumps air though! Wouldn't a split diaphragm not pump anything?

Bryan
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
May pump air, but with any pressure it may fail to work.

IMHO The best and most reliable way to feed a calcium reactor is a peristaltic pump, lab quality ones like Masterflex are not cheap, but lots of used ones on Ebay.