PDA

View Full Version : Pipzine

Delphinus
02-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Does anyone have experience with this medication? If so please let me know your experience/thoughts. Is it typically only used for intestinal ailments of clownfish or can it be used for other fish?

Any advice, anything, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Delphinus
02-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Nobody? :confused: :question:

EmilyB
02-04-2004, 05:24 AM
Tried a FW bath?? :confused: :question:

Delphinus
02-04-2004, 02:42 PM
I know how to do one of those already, though. Thanks though...

I'm reluctant to try any meds/hospital tank if I don't know that there's a precedent for success already (against what I'm going after). Otherwise I feel I'm placing undue stressors on the fish for possibly no good reason. Thus the questions about pipzine.

But Pipzine is my last resort. Having cut back on feedings for the moment, and the fish appears to be going through some improvement. So it's possible he's eaten something that didn't agree with his digestive tract. I should check my food to see if any appears fouled. Or maybe he ate something like a crab molt and he just has to work his way through that. He doesn't appear to be blocked (seems to be able to poop still). Yesterday he was more of his belligerent self than he was on Monday so I'm taking that as a sign of improvement (still has a way to go to be 100% back to his usual antics).

I did have a good chat with Nate last night about Pipzine and what might be ailing Rygel... (Thanks Nate.) So I got some info now. It turns out Pipzine might not be appropriate anyways, sounds like it's more appropriate for new arrivals in QT that may have suspected parasites. This tank in question has not had any new arrivals in well over a year and the fish in question I have had for approximately two years.