PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1 Ecotech Radion left only!!

unclesalty
09-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately the original 4 Ecotech Radion order that I prepaid and placed that were promised to arrive last week cannot be cancelled. No need for 8 Ecotech Radions so 4 fixtures must be sold when they arrive -$ 750 per fixture

unclesalty
09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
They will be available for sale when they arrive in a few weeks

unclesalty
09-22-2011, 03:39 PM
PM ME FOR ANY INFO NEEDED

unclesalty
09-23-2011, 04:14 PM
1 fixture is now tentatively sold pending payment when they arrive!

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Fixtures will be delivered to Regina but can also be delivered to Edmonton Oct 8+9th if they arrive by then

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Full warranty on these fixtures and with any Ecotech product regardless of where it was purchased as per phone conversation with John from Ecotech

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry buddy your brand new BMW isn't warrantied because you bought it in Canada and not Germany! lol

sphelps
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
:confused:
Is someone hearing voices?

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
:confused:
Is someone hearing voices?

Lying voices that say brand new Radion fixtures have no warranty because they were not bought in Canada

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 06:55 PM
There is some confliting storys here. Maybe they can give you an email with the serial numbers of your fixtures that says they will warrenty them. Once they have your #'s and are shipping of course. Im sure it would put all the issues to rest.

Good luck with the sale. :biggrin:

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
I have already talked to Ecotech myself so case closed!
Anyone with any kind of doubt call customer service and ask for John

viperfish
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Lying voices that say brand new Radion fixtures have no warranty because they were not bought in Canada

Ecotech is a very reputable company. I doubt there will be a warranty issue no matter where it was purchased from. Sounds like somebody is trying to feed you a line of BS.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Ecotech is a very reputable company. I doubt there will be a warranty issue no matter where it was purchased from. Sounds like somebody is trying to feed you a line of BS.

"Ecotech believe in customer service" I was told by Ecotech themselves!

viperfish
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
"Ecotech believe in customer service" I was told by Ecotech themselves!

I just read the "other" thread. So this person is saying if I buy a fixture from someone (private person) that is still under warranty, I don't get to use the warranty. That's utterly ridiculous, I have never heard of such a thing! Those are some pretty big claims to make, all in the name of trying force everyone to buy from him. He's really sticking his neck out by speaking for Ecotech, for his sake I sure hope he's right. I wanted to post in the thread but apparently it's closed. You shouldn't have to put up with this crap just because you want to sell something!

TheMikey
09-26-2011, 07:32 PM
So this person is saying if I buy a fixture from someone (private person) that is still under warranty, I don't get to use the warranty. That's utterly ridiculous, I have never heard of such a thing!

Actually, this is exceedingly common. If you look at the terms and conditions on any warranty, the agreement is that the warranty is non-transferable and only covers the product so long as it's the original purchaser purchasing from a retail outlet.

There's probably a host of reasons for it, but it's common.

Ninja edit: But this doesn't seem to be the case here and Ecotech is promising the warranties on the four units being sold then I'd imagine that the warranties will be valid.

clowny
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I was also following that thread as I was looking into purchasing 2 Vortech pumps from BRS (in America) but according to the closed thread I would be recieving no warranty, for a brand new product at a cheaper rate. Of course I would be ordering other stuff, but i will now be waiting for confirmation.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
I was also following that thread as I was looking into purchasing 2 Vortech pumps from BRS (in America) but according to the closed thread I would be recieving no warranty, for a brand new product at a cheaper rate. Of course I would be ordering other stuff, but i will now be waiting for confirmation.

I bought 2 mp40's from the US I get full warranty on them- guaranteed or I would of bought Tunze!

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 07:40 PM

Call John at customer serice at Ecotech and ask him about warranty buying from BRS!

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Where do you take the lights for warrenty? And who pays for the shipping? Is there a recipt? Just out of curiosity.

Aqua-Digital
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
http://ecotechmarine.com/find-retailers/international-distributors/

EcoTech Marine utilizes international distributors for the worldwide distribution of Ecotech products. Authorized distributors provide EcoTech product and service support for EcoTech products that they have imported ONLY. Because authorized importation and support requires additional costs specific to each market, only EcoTech product purchased through authorized import channels is eligble for support through the international distributor for your market.

If you purchase an EcoTech Marine product outside of your country from a dealer that is not authorized to service you area, or from internet websites not authorized for international sales to your country, EcoTech Marine, or our authorized dealers, reserve the right to undertake any of the following actions:

•Charge a service fee for any work done, warranty related or otherwise
•Refrain from providing software and instruction manuals in foreign languages
•Refrain from providing warranty service or otherwise on any EcoTech Marine product
Additionally, if you make an international purchase from an unauthorized dealer, you may be held liable for taxes, shipping and other expenses.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 07:55 PM
http://ecotechmarine.com/find-retailers/international-distributors/

EcoTech Marine utilizes international distributors for the worldwide distribution of Ecotech products. Authorized distributors provide EcoTech product and service support for EcoTech products that they have imported ONLY. Because authorized importation and support requires additional costs specific to each market, only EcoTech product purchased through authorized import channels is eligble for support through the international distributor for your market.

If you purchase an EcoTech Marine product outside of your country from a dealer that is not authorized to service you area, or from internet websites not authorized for international sales to your country, EcoTech Marine, or our authorized dealers, reserve the right to undertake any of the following actions:

•Refrain from providing software and instruction manuals in foreign languages
•Refrain from providing warranty service or otherwise on any EcoTech Marine product
Additionally, if you make an international purchase from an unauthorized dealer, you may be held liable for taxes, shipping and other expenses.

I have talked to Ecotech myself. Go flap your mouth somewhwere else

Carrera75
09-26-2011, 07:55 PM

You can purchase these pumps from an American store and you will get a warranty for sure. However, If you sell them and warranty is still valid the new buyer does not get this warranty transferred to him.

I have an MP10 and if you read the fine print on the box or manual you'll verify that the warranty is not transferable.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 07:57 PM
You can purchase these pumps from an American store and you will still get a warranty. However, If you sell them and warranty is still valid the new buyer does not get this warranty transferred to him.

I have an MP10 and if you read the fine print on the box or manual you'll verify that the warranty it's not transferable.

I can send it in for you then if thats the case.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Another 2 are tentatively spoken for so 1 left only!!

ponokareefer
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
I have talked to Ecotech myself. Go flap your mouth somewhwere else

What they say means nothing if the product goes wrong. They can tell you whatever they want to say on the phone. Tell them to put it in writing, sign it by a manager and date it. That will put an end to this whole fiasco. If they refuse, you have your answer.

Aquattro
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
What they say means nothing if the product goes wrong. They can tell you whatever they want to say on the phone. Tell them to put it in writing, sign it by a manager and date it. That will put an end to this whole fiasco. If they refuse, you have your answer.

I spoke to Jay, a manager with Ecotech, and no, they will not put anything in writing that is not currently on their website. Jay suggests that it's user discretion in purchasing these and that he recommends purchasing from the Canadian supplier.

cwatkins
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
I buy all my Ecotech equipment from the US. Why would I send it to Canada for repairs when I could send it back to the original manufacturer?

I guess this only works if you live close to the border and have access to a US address.

ponokareefer
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I spoke to Jay, a manager with Ecotech, and no, they will not put anything in writing that is not currently on their website. Jay suggests that it's user discretion in purchasing these and that he recommends purchasing from the Canadian supplier.

I think you have your answer right there.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Ecotech suggested I also buy Canadian but totally understood with the strong Canadian $ and the ridiculous price up here. Also said I would be warrantied so I know what I know!

Aquattro
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Ecotech suggested I also buy Canadian but totally understood with the strong Canadian $ and the ridiculous price up here. Also said I would be warrantied so I know what I know!

I simply stated they wouldn't put anything in writing to the contrary of their website. :)

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Hi just wondering as per my post #19, where would one go for the warrenty? I want to put one of these lights on my new tank. $750 is a good price but warrenty is the make or break for me, as this is a new product.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi just wondering as per my post #19, where would one go for the warrenty? I want to put one of these lights on my new tank. $750 is a good price but warrenty is the make or break for me, as this is a new product.

I will have bill of sale so I could send it back for you if need be. If its anything like their mp's anyone can send it back from any country as long as its within the warranty by the manufactured date. Not sure if Radions will have manufacture date on them.

ponokareefer
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM

You would go to Ecotech directly or the original store in the USA. But as per Ecotech's webstite, they may do any of the following:

They have the choice to not help you at all or make you pay for any work being done. In other words, you may not have a warranty at all, and they may even refuse to fix it for a fee.

Try buying a brand new car in the USA and getting warranty work on it.

clowny
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
I dont think car warranties are a good reference as GM will work on any car that has warranty no matter where it came from/who owned it originally and who owns it now...My car was made for Detroit sold in Detroit purchased by someone, never driven as it was stored for collection, sold to me with 17 miles on it (dyno and me test driving). and been warrentied once, the warranty work was to get the gauge to be able to flip from miles to km (and back) and such. This might be different for the foreign car companies but honestly who would buy that...

ponokareefer
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
I dont think car warranties are a good reference as GM will work on any car that has warranty no matter where it came from/who owned it originally and who owns it now...My car was made for Detroit sold in Detroit purchased by someone, never driven as it was stored for collection, sold to me with 17 miles on it (dyno and me test driving). and been warrentied once, the warranty work was to get the gauge to be able to flip from miles to km (and back) and such. This might be different for the foreign car companies but honestly who would buy that...

Maybe that was a bad example then, but consider what is written on this companies own website. The USA price is $750, the Canadian price is $825. $75 savings but the risk of no warranty. Each to their own, but one minor issue on a newly introduced product, and you could be paying way more money by trying to save a few bucks.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Maybe that was a bad example then, but consider what is written on this companies own website. The USA price is $750, the Canadian price is $825. $75 savings but the risk of no warranty. Each to their own, but one minor issue on a newly introduced product, and you could be paying way more money by trying to save a few bucks.

Alberta has no taxes now?
Here in Saskatchewan we pay 10% so $825 plus tax is $907.
$907-$750= $157 savings

Each to there own!

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 09:41 PM
$907-$750= $157 savings

Each to there own!

$157 x 4 as I bought 4 fixtures for myself so $628 I saved and the Canadian dollar was high that day so I saved even more problably $675 in total. Thats a lot of money stockpiled for return postage warranty!!

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
$907-$750= $157 savings

Each to there own!

We only pay 5% here in Alberta. So it would be $116.25 + the cost of shipping it from you say $50 so really $66.25

ponokareefer
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
$907-$750= $157 savings

Each to there own!

You've never been hit by duty before I assume.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
We only pay 5% here in Alberta. So it would be $116.25 + the cost of shipping it from you say $50 so really $66.25

$50?? 20 fixtures probably wouldn't cost $50! lol Do you know exactly how small and light the Radion are?

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
You've never been hit by duty before I assume.

Duty? wtf is that? lol

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 09:47 PM
$50?? 20 fixtures probably wouldn't cost $50! lol Do you know exactly how small and light the Radion are?

Ya about 3lbs 11.8"x7"x1.5"

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Duty? wtf is that? lol

Its a tax that the governmet will put on your fixtures when it hits the border depending on the shipping company you used.

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Its a tax that the governmet will put on your fixtures when it hits the border depending on the shipping company you used.

Ok thanks il keep an eye out for that! lol

cwatkins
09-26-2011, 09:54 PM

If it's assembled in the USA it may not have Duty, so just GST/PST or HST depending on where you live.

But seriously, if you buy from the USA, be smart and ensure all your warranty work is done via the USA. It's not illegal. It's just being smart.

They just don't want to burden their Canadian distributors with Warranty work for something sold in the USA. It makes complete business sense.

If it breaks, Mail it from the States and have them return it to you in the states (there's plenty of PO box companies, brokers or mail forwarders that would be glad to work with you).

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 09:55 PM

My bad I screwed up. Just went to purolator's web site and got an estimate. Its going to cost me between $102-$133. from Regina to Calgary, assuming I want the package to be covered for damage I just LOST money buying it from you. :biggrin:

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 09:57 PM
My bad I screwed up. Just went to purolator's web site and got an estimate. Its going to cost me between $102-$133. from Regina to Calgary, assuming I want the package to be covered for damage I just LOST money buying it from you. :biggrin:

You definately better go buy one locally then!

parkinsn
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
You definately better go buy one locally then!

Im not getting into this. Peace!!

cwatkins
09-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Look at using Canada Post or DHL (insured). May be cheaper. I'm sure the box is well protected already with padding.

kien
09-26-2011, 10:02 PM
:pop2:

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Look at using Canada Post or DHL (insured). May be cheaper. I'm sure the box is well protected already with padding.

Definately cheaper as I have sold a few items on ebay so I know my shipping to USA costs!

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Post of year here maybe? lol

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Im not getting into this. Peace!!

I'm tired of getting into this! peace!

viperfish
09-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Oh crap, Kien is eating popcorn again LOL! If there was a way you could search the popcorn emoticon, you could find the best threads on here!

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Is your popcorn imported? If so is there a no unpopped kernel warranty included? :lol:

kien
09-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh crap, Kien is eating popcorn again LOL! If there was a way you could search the popcorn emoticon, you could find the best threads on here!

search for the string "\:pop2\:"

Is your popcorn imported? If so is there a no unpopped kernel warranty included? :lol:

But so long as I purchase my kernels from an authorized distributor I can send my kernels back to the manufacturer where they will repair or replace my kernels. So just make sure your kernels are purchased legitimately and you should be okay. Come on, haven't you learned anything here?? :lol:

unclesalty
09-26-2011, 10:56 PM
search for the string "\:pop2\:"

But so long as I purchase my kernels from an authorized distributor I can send my kernels back to the manufacturer where they will repair or replace my kernels. So just make sure your kernels are purchased legitimately and you should be okay. Come on, haven't you learned anything here?? :lol:

Too Funny!!

lastlight
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
do a search for:

unclesalty
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
No more Radions for sale!- sorry to all that were interested

Got a email from Paypal this morning:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor. We were able to recover $.......USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted. If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller".

unclesalty
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Just so everyone knows a definate vendor to avoid is CAD Lighting.

martinmcnally
09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Its weird to me that the US retailers (at least Marine Depot) are charging an extra $45 for the hanging kit which is included for free in the Canadian models or at least is should be.

I was told the US retailers are only permitted to sell to the US market. The warranty is most-likely one way Ecotech is enforcing that policy.

So i guess it would be:

$749 + $45 + tax + customs fee (if you did not drive to the US to pick it up)
Approx: 873 (with 5% tax)

Sorry if this is getting off topic. Glad you got your refund from paypal.

Martin

Big_Al
09-28-2011, 11:59 PM
There is a basic kit included in the box but there is a premium hanging kit available at extra cost.

Its weird to me that the US retailers (at least Marine Depot) are charging an extra $45 for the hanging kit which is included for free in the Canadian models or at least is should be.

unclesalty
09-29-2011, 03:56 PM

I was told the US retailers are only permitted to sell to the US market. The warranty is most-likely one way Ecotech is enforcing that policy.

So i guess it would be:

$749 + $45 + tax + customs fee (if you did not drive to the US to pick it up)
Approx: 873 (with 5% tax)Sorry if this is getting off topic. Glad you got your refund from paypal.

Martin

The ones I still have on order are not even close to $873. They are actually cheaper than the first 4 but I was told a month back I would have them in a week so I paid more to get them. CAD Lighting website claimed they were first to get them and they were "instock". Since then their website has changed.

unclesalty
09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
I also cancelled 1 of my 4 fixtures this morning as I was recommended to do by a few people and an awesome honest seller! Thanks buddy!! and now that money can be put towards the mind boggling Vertex Cerebra Controller when its released!