PDA

View Full Version : FF: Mandarin Goby

Carrera75
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
This fish will not go to the first person that gets in touch first but to the person with the most suitable set up.

I have a Mandarin Goby that's up for grabs. The fish is free but only to somebody that has a big, well established tank that's at least 100 gallons but bigger is better. I care more about the welfare of this fish than the cash I could make by selling him. So please, REFRAIN from getting in touch if you don't have the ideal set up for this fish.

This Mandarin has been with me for a couple of years. It's very healthy and the only reason that he is looking for a new home is that I downsized tanks. The new set up is only 34 gallons and although he looks healthy I would much rather this little guy to be in a bigger tank.

Another reason to give him away is that I want to introduce other fish to my tank and I am afraid that these other fish will deplete the pod population pretty fast leaving nothing for the Mandarin.

ONLY get in touch if your tank meet the requirements to keep this fish happy and healthy long term, otherwise you will be ignored.

ultreef
09-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Can i have the mandarin? :biggrin:

Pretty please lol

Tommy

gobytron
09-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Do you know if its a male or a female?

I'm in the market for a female...
mine jumped...after 5 years!

Carrera75
09-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I believe it's a female.

ScubaSteve
09-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey! I can take good care of your mandy for ya! I've got all these 'pods running around like they own the place. I need a good fat mandarin to show them who's boss. Let me know if you still have it!

Carrera75
09-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey! I can take good care of your mandy for ya! I've got all these 'pods running around like they own the place. I need a good fat mandarin to show them who's boss. Let me know if you still have it!

Is the new tank up and running?

ScubaSteve
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Not yet. Had delays with the glass company that slowed me down. If all goes well it'll be up and going next week once the plumbing is all done. I'll be doing a direct transfer over once that baby is moving water.

apexifd
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
can I have it??

Please?

Thanks

Carrera75
10-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Still looking for a great home for this fish. I have only received messages from people with small set ups despite the fact that I clearly stated that people with small set ups will be ignored.

eguld
10-05-2011, 06:54 PM
His tank is 225 gallons and has been up and running for about 2 years now. I would say that it is ideal for a mandarin but my only reservation is that it already has a red scooter blenny, which means the two of them would need to compete for the pods. 225 gallons is probably big enough to handle this without any issues but it is your call.

MEDHBSI
10-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm running a 110 gallon with 30 gallon sump my only fish in the tank are 2 clowns 1 yellow tang and a flame angel. I have a lot of pod growth and not much that eats them. If you still have him I think he would be a good addition to my tank.

gobytron
10-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey man...
My 95 is still looking for a female mandy.

I kept a pair alive in various setups for 6 years...they even mated a couple of times.

my female jumped, but I have since installed eggcrate over it, so if you want, shoot me a pm back.

I designed this system with mandarins in mind.

Cameron
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Is this a spotted or a striped mandarin?

Kelvin
10-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Still looking for a great home for this fish. I have only received messages from people with small set ups despite the fact that I clearly stated that people with small set ups will be ignored.

210 g tank running for 3 years love to have your fish