PDA

View Full Version : small Hermit Crabs in Deep Cove North Vancouver

arash53
09-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Guys,

Last week we went Deep Cove and my daughters found lots of hermit crabs for the beach! they were just like left handed hermit crabs but I am not sure, I just wonder if they are reef safe and could be keep in the reef tank!
Any one ever seen these carbs in Deep Cove?!

Thanks
Arash

reefwars
09-20-2011, 08:28 PM
call me new but whats a carb?? :drinking:hehehe:)

parkinsn
09-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Not sure if they would be reef safe or not. I would be more concerned if they will do well long term in a tropical reef compared to the frigid waters on the west coast.

arash53
09-20-2011, 08:30 PM

hehe I meant crab !

parkinsn
09-20-2011, 08:31 PM

Carbohydrates (carb's) are a source of energy that can be transformed into glucose, the form of sugar that is transported and used by the body, more quickly than proteins or fats. A diet too high in carbohydrates can upset the delicate balance of a body's blood sugar level, resulting in fluctuations in energy and mood that leave one feeling irritated and tired. The body needs this energy to work better.

arash53
09-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Not sure if they would be reef safe or not. I would be more concerned if they will do well long term in a tropical reef compared to the frigid waters on the west coast.

too bad I dont have sump to give them a shot !

Corbin

yeah, im pretty sure they would just cook, like that time i put live prawns from fishermans wharf in my old 55 toad fish tank... they pretty much cooked instantly. :lol:

reefwars
hehe I meant crab !

oh hahah my apologies ive been drinking:drinking::drinking:soooo whats a crab?? haha cheers man:)

toytech
09-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Ive done it with small crabs i found in white rock ( hawk fish snack ) and some lasted for months . Hermits would probably do better but watch out for the longlegger snail eaters that are common.

apexifd
09-21-2011, 03:33 AM
I caught a bunch of them from belcarra park.. dunno how long they survived in the tank, because they all went into the mantis tank.

arash53
09-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Please let me know if they survive