PDA

View Full Version : Fish stocklist for 144 gallon

BMahura
09-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Hey guys.
So im transferring my fish from my 55 to my 144 tomorrow and i want to start getting a stock list ready. The fish that i was keeping from my old tank are
2x True perc clowns
1x Yellow tang
1x hippo tang
1x yellow tail damsel.
I am looking for some input on new fish to buy
1x powder blue tang or powder brown
4-5x green chromis. I love they school together in the tank
2x lyretail anthias
2 wrasses- not sure what kinds yet
1x bicolour psudochromis
2x fire fish
1x sandsifter goby

What do you guys think. Any fish that you love that isn't on the list or that you would switch. Thanks guys

kien
09-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse and Gem Tang. :-D

Carmen
09-20-2011, 04:52 AM
Well not everyone can live up to Kien's standards ...:wink:
But I loved my flame angels! ("Picky" buggers - at coral I mean ) but still gorgeous if you want to take a chance!
Also totally loved my Blueface tilefish- and Midas blenny.
Love the awesome selection in wrasses!

naesco
09-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey guys.
So im transferring my fish from my 55 to my 144 tomorrow and i want to start getting a stock list ready. The fish that i was keeping from my old tank are
2x True perc clowns
1x Yellow tang
1x hippo tang
1x yellow tail damsel.
I am looking for some input on new fish to buy
1x powder blue tang or powder brown
4-5x green chromis. I love they school together in the tank
2x lyretail anthias
2 wrasses- not sure what kinds yet
1x bicolour psudochromis
2x fire fish
1x sandsifter goby

What do you guys think. Any fish that you love that isn't on the list or that you would switch. Thanks guys

What is the length of your tank?

BMahura
09-21-2011, 01:50 AM
What is the length of your tank?

59 inches

Lampshade
09-21-2011, 07:00 AM
I you don't have shrimp I love my flame hawkfish, most personallity in the tank. He has however, killed every cleaner shimp i put in because i think "he won't eat it this time...". Everyone who comes over likes him too. Swims laps around the tank, perching on 4-5 spots just to look around, then zoom off to the next.

doch
09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Tank is probably too small by the tang police's standards... they're likely right.

If you do add a flame angel, add it last. Mine beat up everything that was added after him.

+1 on the Flame Hawkfish. I LOVE mine.

I really like the little stuff. One of my favorite fish is my barnicle blenny. Super cool. Tailspot blenny, gobies, etc... I love them and they take up next to nothing for your bio load.

A group of 2 is way too small for lyretail anthias. Or too big. one will kill the other for sure. I bought 1M and 4F... the male killed all the females. I think. The male is the only survivor. I'd say go for a more peaceful anthias... Bartletts maybe? Fathead? Barbonius? I want my Lyretail gone... he's a jerk.

You may end up with fighting between 2 firefish as well... but it may wokr out, especially if you get a male and a female. Purples are apparently the most aggressive. I have 2 purples in my 160... they do ok.

BMahura
09-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Would that be for the powder tangs? the ones im looking at are at the LFS and they are only about 3 inches right now
I absoulty love my cleaner shrimp. probably getting a couple more once my tank settles down so i dont think a flame hawkfish will work
Mabey ill stick with the Bartletts then.
Ill probably stick with one fire fish as well

As well does anybody have any experience with green chromis. i really wantt to get a schooling fish and the green chromis is what im leaning towards. How many do you think i should get?

dc4
09-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Would that be for the powder tangs? the ones im looking at are at the LFS and they are only about 3 inches right now
I absoulty love my cleaner shrimp. probably getting a couple more once my tank settles down so i dont think a flame hawkfish will work
Mabey ill stick with the Bartletts then.
Ill probably stick with one fire fish as well

As well does anybody have any experience with green chromis. i really wantt to get a schooling fish and the green chromis is what im leaning towards. How many do you think i should get?

I have 5 green chromis in my tank that school and peacefully swim around but once you add food, they swarm in like piranha and eat very aggressively.

Lampshade
09-22-2011, 01:58 AM
The chromis will not school, they stick together as a "group" but won't huddle up unless they're getting picked on. In my 150 i can usually find 1 on each end of the tank. and a couple around the mid. They all sleep in the same place thoguh at night, and if any of them are getting pestered they team up quick.

BMahura
09-22-2011, 03:00 AM
I think ill probably get 5 or so and see how that works.

mattdean
09-23-2011, 12:08 AM
For wrasses, look at Blue Star Leapord Wrasses. Mine are beautiful and very active and hardy. This is one of mine.

http://www.mattdean.com/build/starsky.jpg