PDA

View Full Version : Nano Ballast

Harpo
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM
:help:

Does anyone know :idea: if there is someway I can put a timer on my ballast so that it comes on and off when I want it to? It seems as though it only works manually...do you know if there is an over-ride or a special attachment I have to get?

Any help would be appreciated! :biggrin:

Beano1169
09-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey there just get a powerbar timer from your LFS or online. Thenjust plug your ballast in, possibly find a decent timer that has a surge protector. Unless you already know this lol.

Harpo
09-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Hey there just get a powerbar timer from your LFS or online. Thenjust plug your ballast in, possibly find a decent timer that has a surge protector. Unless you already know this lol.

I had tried this and the light would go off...but then then had to manually flick the switch off then on...is maybe the ballast shot?

Beano1169
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
If it were the ballast i dont think the light would work at all, perhaps there is a short in the cord or perhaps the mechanical insides the light itself. I recentlly bought a light system and there were a few disconnected wires and such which i had to reconncet. that might be the problem

Harpo
09-21-2011, 05:41 PM
If it were the ballast i dont think the light would work at all, perhaps there is a short in the cord or perhaps the mechanical insides the light itself. I recentlly bought a light system and there were a few disconnected wires and such which i had to reconncet. that might be the problem

Sweet! Thanks for the tip! I will have a look see and maybe thats my issue!

Thanks once again! :)

SteveConn
09-21-2011, 06:58 PM
My Coralife timer did that to with my MH ballast.. before you go to bed, switch it from ON to AUTO and it should work when the new signal for ON comes on. A bit weird, but otherwise it wouldnt work the first cycle if I started it in the AUTO (when lights were supposed to be on).

Check also if you have the correct time and sequence times.. I thought my timer was broken at first, but its working well now

Steve

makana
09-23-2011, 01:03 AM
My ballast was turning off randomly and would come back on if I switched if off and back on. Turned out the switch was bad. Which was surprising as it was always on a timer and I almost never used the switch.