PDA

View Full Version : I Need Nano Frags!

yellowworld
09-19-2011, 06:28 AM
So i got this 8g Bowfront sitting on my desk, with two little Clowns that look out at me everyday and wish they had all the pretty stuff that is in my 90g only 5 feet away! So here is what I need or rather want

I want all the little stuff that is in your tanks, you guys know the stuff, the ones that sit on the bottom and never get noticed cus they are so small in your massive tanks haha. I know everyone has some big fat LPS that is just about ready to frag or a torch that got into a fight with something and has a few heads that are no longer attached or something like that.
I want anything LSP or softies perhaps a tiny clam whatever it is, it needs to be small!

here is the tank right now.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/Jkamie/DSC01567.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/Jkamie/DSC01563.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/Jkamie/DSC01561.jpg

Let me know what you guys have Ill take anything. Zoa's, Blasto's, acans, torches, hammers, bubble corals, clams, nems, shrooms, sun corals, pally's, GSP, coco worms, trumpets...anything :biggrin:

reefwars
09-19-2011, 06:37 AM
have Ill take anything. Zoa's, Blasto's, acans, torches, hammers, bubble corals, clams, nems, shrooms, sun corals, pally's, GSP, coco worms, trumpets...anything :biggrin:

out of that list torch's,hammers,bubble,clams,nems,gsp arent really great choices long term some of them get rather big or are very intrusive:)

rics would be nice same with some zoas/palys but they can also be intrusive longterm.candys are always nice same with feather dusters.i like acans or how about a mini carpet:):) you would get away with some of the stuff listed for sure but long term wise alot of it will either outgrow,takeover or mow stuff down pretty quick :) cheers

yellowworld
09-19-2011, 06:45 AM
@ Reefwars

Those are great points! I know they all grow up at some point but that is perfectly fine for me, as i said I got a 90g only 5 feet away from this one haha if stuff gets to big ill just move it over! and when the 90 gets to full well then its time for a new tank haha.

For right now i want to make this tank look amazing, I want to flu it with everything and let it grow out and culture for as long as i can and then swap a few things out.

Speaking of corals haha you got anything hiding in the corners of your tank?

reefwars
09-19-2011, 07:02 AM
if you have a 90 thats fine just swapping out when need be id still avoid any larger nems and the torch.no tank in my house at all currently, i have a set up lined up to come to my house here right away plus im in the design stage of building a new tank:):)i got lots of flags if you want them though lol;) cheers mate:)

yellowworld
09-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Flags!! i love flags haha

yeah ill have to come by and poke around :mrgreen: what is the new tank going to be if you don't mind giving away some secrets?

reefwars
09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Flags!! i love flags haha

yeah ill have to come by and poke around :mrgreen: what is the new tank going to be if you don't mind giving away some secrets?

haha good question im not a fan or reg everyday tanks all the square boxes and rectangle stuff bores me after a while and bowfronts i dont like either sooooo theres been alot of talk about drop off tanks and im not one to copy someone elses idea so how about a drop up tank kinda like a giant letter " L " hehehe im working on something unique to say the least its not gonna be huge over a 100g and under 200g for sure but we will see, ive also been considering doing an upside down reef or possibly an arch tank ...still its up in the air i know im gonna ask concept to build ill have to get their thought on it once i do:):)

Myka
09-19-2011, 04:51 PM
What's with the huge type?? :eek:

That's a really small tank to have two clowns in. It's too small for one clown imo. maybe you should consider putting some cool nano fish and inverts in there. There are some really interesting nano gobies that work really well in tiny tanks.

yellowworld
09-19-2011, 11:09 PM
What's with the huge type?? :eek:

That's a really small tank to have two clowns in. It's too small for one clown imo. maybe you should consider putting some cool nano fish and inverts in there. There are some really interesting nano gobies that work really well in tiny tanks.

I know there are nano fish for the tiny tanks and I did consider that, however at the time I had two clowns that needed a home, I was holding them here for a friend. Either way they are in there now and they are NOT unhappy they ARE currently mated and producing baby's.

I welcome the comment though I'm glad to know ppl at least read my post haha. Do you have anything small I can buy off you Myka?

Myka
09-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Do you have anything small I can buy off you Myka?

Ya, but I'm in Saskatoon.

yellowworld
09-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Ya, but I'm in Saskatoon.

Ooh my bad I never bothered to look at that part haha you could send them to my aunt haha :mrgreen:

yellowworld
09-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Still looking, anyone out there?