PDA

View Full Version : Eco Tech Marine Glue

Rice Reef
09-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Recently picked up the sall 75ml Eco Tech Glue and tried gluing down frags out and in water. My results were somewhat mixed. I did not find any amazing results while gluing frags out of water compared to other available glues in the market but it did work. My experience in gluing frags in the water was not impressive nor a pleasant one. Unlight the videos I had to use excessive generous amts and even then the glue did not bond as well as demonstrated in several videos recommending the product. Yes, I had turned off the flow and allowed time for it to cure. after trying with about ten frags, I had almost used but the whole bottle and my skimmer went crazy on me as I had my hand in the tank supporting the frags while the glue is bonding the frag o the rock much longer than what the videos indicate ( 10 sec). Interested in others' experience as I may be using it incorrectly?:question::question::question::cry::cr y:

jorjef
09-17-2011, 07:32 PM
I have used Krazy glue (must be gel) in the past with good results. This was a frag plug to live rock situation and wasn't worried about getting the glue on the coral. I have also used a couple different puttys with less the happy results, like you say holding onto the frag for what seems like forever.

babyreef
09-21-2011, 10:46 PM
BLANK

whatcaneyedo
09-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Out of curiosity I looked up the video. The product looks like generic cyanoacrylate gel, no different than any other brand.

babyreef
09-21-2011, 11:21 PM
BLANK