PDA

View Full Version : Next reef meeting?

Canadian Man
02-02-2004, 04:54 AM
So it's been a while!
Just wondering if anyone is going to volunteer to have the next meeting anytime soon?

Pug Girl
02-02-2004, 04:59 AM
I'll bring the Guacamole :biggrin:

aussiefishy
02-02-2004, 05:15 AM
i will try to bring gift cards?? how about that! will see what i can do to add some industry involvement here :cool: if anyone oppose please PM me or post reply.

Buccaneer
02-02-2004, 06:40 AM
I guess I will volunteer Jon ... I will check with the social director :eek: for a Friday or Saturday in the next few weeks ... what day works best for everyone ?

Cheers

Buccaneer
02-02-2004, 06:41 AM
I'll bring the Guacamole :biggrin:

hmmm Guacamole :mrgreen:

christyf5
02-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Hey Kids! Guess whos coming to visit?? :mrgreen: And I'm bringing Jack with me. :cool:

Now would be a good idea to suck up to him for frags from OA :wink:

I vote for Feb 28/29!! If thats no good, I guess I'll just have to plan my own party :wink:

Can't wait to see you all!

Christy :)

Jack
02-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Yah, that would be awesome. :cool:

:mrgreen:

ruck'n'reefer
02-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Christy, how long are you planning on being away?

Quinn
02-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I am in for sure. Can we try to make sure it's not this coming weekend, or the weekend of the 21st, or the weekend of March 6th, etc., as I work all those weekends. :mrgreen: Jack bring me some nice acros.

Delphinus
02-02-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm good for the Feb 28 weekend.

(Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let it NOT be the weekend of the 21th... Edmonton orchid society show is that weekend, I won't be here!)

Canadian Man
02-02-2004, 03:33 PM
I like the 29th the best for myself. Reason being that I am off on sunday's.
Jack/Christy, where you guys staying? I have an extra bed and space if you don't allready have arrangements.

FRAGS ARE COOL! Especially Jacks! :cool:

christyf5
02-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey Rob, we're just goin for the weekend Feb 27-Mar 1.

Quinn
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah, 28th-29th weekend is good. I'd like to get in on the LFS/tank crawl.

Jack
02-02-2004, 08:21 PM
This would be cool if you guys want to start a meeting when we come out. :mrgreen:

Jon, Teevee, we have fields of acro frags. Just got a nice order in last night too :lol: Just keep in mind I want a piece of that purple/green one you posted a pic of Quinn. :wink:

Would you guys be interested in me bringing a box of frags out there?

Quinn
02-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Jack, that thing is pretty small and like any other coral, it looks better from above than from the side (so you might be dissapointed). Regardless, I'd be interested in some pieces provided the price is right and can probably get a small piece off the purple acro if you really want one.

Canadian Man
02-02-2004, 08:37 PM
I would be intrested as well in some of the box too. Like Quinn said, depends on the price. PM me or us with $'s.

:biggrin:

Delphinus
02-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Would you guys be interested in me bringing a box of frags out there?

No, definitely not worth you the trouble of bringing a box of frags. Leave them in BC, please.

<ducking as every Calgarian reefer throws rocks at me!>

KIDDING! KIDDING! YES please PLEASE puh-LEEEEEEZ bring box of frags. :biggrin:

Just keep in mind I want a piece of that purple/green one you posted a pic of Quinn.

Which one are we talking about? Is this the one pictured in #2 and #3? I think both are from my "weedy purple acro" but took different paths to get to Quinn's tank. I have plenty of pieces of this one if you're interested..

Quinn
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey yeah that's a better idea. It's becoming fairly obvious that both of these pieces came from Tony, and his mother colony is quite large now.

Delphinus
02-02-2004, 08:59 PM
I've long since given away my original mother colony, it was as large to rival the monstrously sized cap in my tank. The large piece I have of it right now was a 1" frag at one point, so we're talking at least a F4 or F5 generation kind of thing.

Unfortunately under my current Iwasakis it never really coloured up to its former glory as it was under the 10000K's I had it under previously.

Stretch
02-02-2004, 09:07 PM
it's about time :razz: I'll be there, any of the the days suggested 28th or 29 feb would be good, 28th would be better since i have get up for work at 5am on monday :( What time would this be held at? because i have a course that i'm not out until 4:30 so after 6:00 would be good on saturaday anyways.

I'll be frag buying crazy just to let you people know, So bring plenty of them. I look for monti caps, and acros of some kind.

Jim Barry
02-02-2004, 09:36 PM
I look forward to meeting everyone at the upcoming meeting. The 28th or 29th works for me.

I will be looking to buy lots of frags as my tank is pretty bare.

See you all soon.

Jim :biggrin:

Jack
02-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Well I didn't know you guys wanted frags so bad but talking with EmilyB she says that it's pretty dry out there for selection. I'm sure for the meeting I can bring plenty of types for all.

Hrm. I'm guessing mostly SPS? Feel free to PM me with ideas.

This should be awesome. Been awhile since I've been in Alberta. :lol:

Stretch
02-03-2004, 12:17 AM
I'll take pretty much anything, I really looking for some nice monti caps, a nice dark green, purple or teal is what i'm after. Or any other sps thats fairly colorful. I would like acros as well.

My wish list is long :lol:

Quinn
02-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Anything SPS that isn't brown. Reds, greens, yellow, blues, purples.

Buccaneer
02-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Looks like the social director has given the OK for the 28th :mrgreen: ... I hope that works for everybody as the kidz go to bed early on Sunday nites so that does not work for us. I was thinking of about 5 pm till .....

I would also be interested in some colourfull acros Jack :cool:

Canadian Man
02-03-2004, 01:16 AM
works for me. I'm off work at 5:30 so i would be there 6:00ish. you all have to save some of the pretty frags for me :biggrin:

If anyone is interested I have some purple, light green or dark green monti digitata frags. Some large finger leather frags.
Just let me know.

cheers

kari
02-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Guacamole and frags on the 28th sounds great to me.

Delphinus
02-03-2004, 04:36 AM
Hate to ask this, but does it have to be an evening? If we want to do a tank crawl, LFS crawl (whatever) then daytime might be better. No? Should we do BOTH a crawl and an evening social (can you tell where this is going ... I already have been handed a possible conflict for evening of the 28th :mad: :frown: :cry: )

christyf5
02-03-2004, 04:47 AM
Hand it back :wink:

Buccaneer
02-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Hey Tony ... I thought you were good for the 28th ? :razz: ... what changed ? ... I cant host before 5 pm because I am working ... whoever is free in the day can hook up and go on a tank tour and LFS tour and who can make it to the social/frag swap comes by my place later ... how does that sound ?

Cheers

Delphinus
02-03-2004, 04:54 AM
I don't get asked out by friends or family. Ever. Unless there's a reef club meeting, then all of a sudden one of my siblings turns 40 or some damn thing. It's incredible, I'm at a total loss to explain the whole thing.

Buccaneer
02-03-2004, 05:02 AM
I don't get asked out by friends or family. Ever. Unless there's a reef club meeting, then all of a sudden one of my siblings turns 40 or some damn thing. It's incredible, I'm at a total loss to explain the whole thing.

:razz: :mrgreen: ... it's family Tony .. what you gonna do ? ... you gotta go ... next time man ... it's not like you have not seen the tank before right ? ... When you have the new tank setup in the new house we will have the meet over there and you cant escape :mrgreen:

EmilyB
02-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Awesome 28th Steve :cool:

I'd really like to do the store tours with C & J Friday, better selection and all....but they don't get in until 2:20PM. So up to them, maybe we can do the NW that day on the way home.

Tony, you still have relatives that speak to you....mine gave up long ago, cuz birthdays and reef parties were, well, no comparison.... :mrgreen:

At least no one has to worry about me snatching up all the good SPS frags..... :lol: :lol: :razz:

Quinn
02-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Holy crap Tony. You've mentioned this freaky predictability thing before but now I'm convinced - and I'm one of those people that reduces everything to probability. This is just nuts. But I say screw your siblings. Who needs 'em.

Jack, I just remembered that I've been looking for a piece of pink cat's paw for a while (Stylophora sp. or something right?).

Katie, regarding guacamole, I was going to say, I only ever eat dip at reef events. Reefers and their significant others make good dip. :mrgreen:

Jack
02-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Jack, I just remembered that I've been looking for a piece of pink cat's paw for a while (Stylophora sp. or something right?).

Quinn, I know what you're talking about. I have frags aswell as colonies of that. To be technical it's a form of Pocillopora.

aussiefishy
02-03-2004, 07:32 AM
i guess no one wants LFS to be involved... at least by me... :cry: well have a good time! :lol:

Canadian Man
02-03-2004, 02:25 PM
i guess no one wants LFS to be involved... at least by me... :cry: well have a good time! :lol:

It's pretty much an open invitation to all when we have our meetings. If it wasn't we wouldn't post in a public forum :razz:

AJ_77
02-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Steve - are you stocking your bar for this?

"Buk_A_Beer" maybe? - or BYOB??

:biggrin:

:wink:

TANGOMAN
02-03-2004, 10:02 PM
I've been quietly waiting to hear Tony's response prior to committing...I'm in ! :lol:
Deb, please explain: "I'll touch base to do sometime..." What the ???? does that mean ? Was it "Happy Hour" ?
I wish more reef meetings interfered with my family gatherings...

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey Alan ... Whatever works for everybody is fine by me :smile: ... a BYOB works too as at least you will for sure like the brand of brew you consume :cool:

Cheers

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 12:16 AM
In an effort to see Tony attend one of these meetings I will propose that we do it on the 27th after 5 pm ... is this doable for the majority of us ?

Cheers

Stretch
02-04-2004, 12:34 AM
If the switch is made to sinday I'll probably pass :neutral:

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 12:36 AM
If the switch is made to sinday I'll probably pass :neutral:

The 27th is a Friday :confused:

Stretch
02-04-2004, 12:39 AM
opps

Well i'd still have to pass i don't get out of my course until 10pm. Drive time i'd be looking at 11:30pm before hitting calgary :frown:

edit i don't get out until 10pm

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 12:42 AM
"Buk_A_Beer" maybe?

Touche'

ROFLMAO

AJ_77
02-04-2004, 01:01 AM
Will there be any Jamaican rum? YUM. :turn-l:

You almost need a new Poll thread to gauge turnout by Friday or Saturday... :confused: (Now who said what night again?)

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Ya Mon ... di rum a go flow but mek sure sey fi yu caan hangle it fi true mek it no mash yu up :razz: :eek: :mrgreen:

Delphinus
02-04-2004, 01:34 AM
If the 28th is best for more people, go with the 28th. Please don't change it on account of me. I'll find a way to get to it. Worst case scenario I might have to leave early or come late, but I'll find a way!

Delphinus
02-04-2004, 04:15 AM
Update: I got them to move it to the 21st. So no more conflict of interest for me!!! 28th all the way baby!!!

Sorry for the hassle, everyone. :redface:

christyf5
02-04-2004, 04:19 AM
http://www.smilieportal.de/generator/ablage/6/206.png

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Update: I got them to move it to the 21st. So no more conflict of interest for me!!! 28th all the way baby!!!

Sorry for the hassle, everyone. :redface:

Was no hassle Tony ... just glad you can make it :cool:

DiscusZ
02-04-2004, 06:30 AM
I am going to try and make this meeting (will be my 1st :biggrin: ) We are having my son';s 3rd Bday on Sat but its early and I may be able to show up for a bit.

Jack
02-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Sounds good Tony. I would love to meet all of the Calgary crew and not miss anyone. :mrgreen:

mnoll406
02-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey Guys,
Won't be able to make it, getting married in mexico. Bummed out I'm going to miss the meeting, but what can you do.

Jack, How can I check out your frag selection? Deb offered to hold some frags for me till I get back.

Mike

Buccaneer
02-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Mike ! :cool: ... hmmm ... Mexico in February ... you could bring us back some frags while you are at it :razz:

Sorry you cant make it but happy for you and your soon to be wife :mrgreen: ( hope she likes reeftanks :razz: )

Quinn
02-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Bah, marriage. Marriage can happen anytime, reef meetings only come once every few months!

mnoll406
02-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the congrats. I'd love to bring some corals back, but I think the permits would be a big headache. I'm really looking forward to diving in Mexico, we'll be in the Mayan Riviera, which is on the mainland across from Cozumel. Cozumel is supposed to be one of the top rated dive sites in the world, so it should be great. And Quinn, it's not only getting married, but 2 weeks diving in Mexico in Feb. Gotta keep that in mind :biggrin:

Mike

DiscusZ
02-05-2004, 05:39 AM
My parents just got back from Mexico, last Sunday my brother got married down there as well.. Temp was about 30c while it was -30c here :) I had to miss it as I did not have the cash to go.. I wanted too so bad, as thats where the wife and I honeymooned for 2 weeks

Congrats Mike...

Delphinus
02-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the congrats. I'd love to bring some corals back, but I think the permits would be a big headache. I'm really looking forward to diving in Mexico, we'll be in the Mayan Riviera, which is on the mainland across from Cozumel. Cozumel is supposed to be one of the top rated dive sites in the world, so it should be great. And Quinn, it's not only getting married, but 2 weeks diving in Mexico in Feb. Gotta keep that in mind :biggrin:

Mike

Oooh, so very jealous!! Be sure to check out Xcaret and Xel-ha when you're down there. And of course the "cenotes" and Chichen Itza and Tulum...

And the sand really is pink down there! So cool.

Congratulations Mike. !!

Be sure to take tonnes of pictures and share them here please!

Quattro piņa colada, por favor... :mrgreen:

sumpfinfishe
02-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Geez's I wanna go too, I even have that week off work :biggrin:
Although I never got an invite from Christy and Jack :cry: :razz:

Maybe I will do a roadtrip :idea:
Deb if you can PM me some details, I might just drive across for a few day's. I could stay in a hotel also if there's one close by.

MNOLL 406 -Mike you have PM :cool:

EmilyB
02-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Although I never got an invite from Christy and Jack :cry: :razz:

Those B*star#s :mrgreen:

You have PM

sumpfinfishe
02-10-2004, 04:41 AM
Well I have to help a buddy move, so no roadtrip for me :cry:

Hopefully you guy's will have a few other meets before the summer so I could drive up and crash one :mrgreen:

Deb regarding my recent PM do you think I could squeeze in all these in one day: Jonathan, Steve, Tony, Alan, and yours :confused:

ruck'n'reefer
02-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Rich: change your mind and I'll do a road trip with you. :0) Seriously

EmilyB
02-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Yah, if they are around, or we can do plenty of others as well.

Bring on da bus... :mrgreen: :razz:

Canadian Man
02-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Well I have to help a buddy move, so no roadtrip for me :cry:

Hopefully you guy's will have a few other meets before the summer so I could drive up and crash one :mrgreen:

Deb regarding my recent PM do you think I could squeeze in all these in one day: Jonathan, Steve, Tony, Alan, and yours :confused:

You should be able to squeeze all that into one day.

Me, Steve and Tony all live in the South part of Calgary and Alan and Deb live in the North.

sumpfinfishe
02-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Rob: I have to help move this time as it's one of my best friends, however I was thinking of doing a roadtrip for the next meeting in March or April, so if you wanna be co-pilot that's great! I'm gonna keep talk'n with Deb and see if we can arange it for sooner than later so I will keep you updated by PM :cool:

Jonathan/Deb: Hopefully we could set sumpfin up over the next month or two. That's great news on the location factor, I guess the drive from north to south is only a few minutes eh :razz: :mrgreen:

Hope to see you all soon, :biggrin:

Delphinus
02-10-2004, 03:15 PM
If ya come over in April I might ask you to help ME move! :razz: Better make it March or May if you want to be safe... :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Rich. Hope we can meet some other time.

EmilyB
02-11-2004, 02:36 AM
April is Delbeek in Seattle. :mrgreen: :cool:

ruck'n'reefer
02-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Too many places to go! Maybe I should quit work and travel to all reef meet's :biggrin:

whaase
02-11-2004, 02:57 AM
Don't you hate it when work interfears with personal time...? :mrgreen:

Walter