PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ID creatures in tank

SteveConn
09-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Anyone know what these are? Growing on a frag with some zoas. Have not found anything similar online.. Thought they were baby zoas..then hydroids.. now I just dont know. One of the zoas died .. looked like the base was eaten away.
Been taking time lapse pics with my cam to help figure out whats going on. Is it possible to have too many pods (tank is CRAWLING with bugs)?

More pics to follow of other things. Excuse the newbie in the room :-)

doch
09-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Anyone know what these are? Growing on a frag with some zoas. Have not found anything similar online.. Thought they were baby zoas..then hydroids.. now I just dont know. One of the zoas died .. looked like the base was eaten away.
Been taking time lapse pics with my cam to help figure out whats going on. Is it possible to have too many pods (tank is CRAWLING with bugs)?

More pics to follow of other things. Excuse the newbie in the room :-)

Look like little blue clove polyps to me... could be wrong though. If I'm right, if I was you, I'd get rid of them... they'll spread all over the place. As for the zoa dying, I'm not sure how much of a sting they pack, but it's very possible that they are an 'aggressive' coral
that stings and may kill all the zoas.

Myka
09-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Anthelia. Spread like weeds if not controlled.

toytech
09-16-2011, 06:58 PM
A clove polyp for sure , could be blue or another type . Not agressive as far as stinging but they can grow wicked fast .

fishoholic
09-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Anthelia. Spread like weeds if not controlled.

+1 anthelia

http://www.starfish.ch/Fotos/cnidarians-Nesseltiere/corals-Korallen-Anthozoa/octocorallia-Oktokorallen/soft-corals-Weichkorallen/Anthelia-glauca1.jpg

http://www.waldonell.com/me/sites/default/files/images/_53W7583.jpg

noirsphynx
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Looks like blue clove polyps to me.

Sunee
09-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks like blue clove polyps to me too. I have them in my biocube and they took over did not seem to sting anything but would grow over my zoas until they wouldn't open, so unless you want them everywhere eradicate them!!!