PDA

View Full Version : baby aiptasia

Corbin
09-16-2011, 06:08 AM
just noticed 3 of them on a new piece of LR, only like a millimeter big or so.
best way of getting rid of them at this stage since cant really stab them witha needle yet. just wait till they get bigger?

nozwal
09-16-2011, 06:42 AM
if u really want , u can get Berghia Nudibranch

doch
09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
If the rock is removable, take it out, turn it upside down and torch them with a bic lighter, until crispy.

Another option that worked for me is peppermint shrimp. Some eat them, some don't.

ScubaGirl
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I had a peppermint shrimp for all of 10 minutes in my tank. The 2 wrasses had a feeding frenzy with it. Thanks for the $30 entree! I don't even eat that well, LOL.

monocus
09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
make a thick kalkwasser paste and cover them in the morning-do not use berghia as they would starve in a week

lastlight
09-16-2011, 06:17 PM
make a thick kalkwasser paste and cover them in the morning-do not use berghia as they would starve in a week

I've never used kalkwasser but I'm curious how you put it under water without it disintegrating before you can make your attack? is it in a syringe? I've got 3 massive ones that need attention.

Karen Marlin
09-16-2011, 06:25 PM
The only success I've had was keeping a copperband butterfly fish. The other method I tried, ie kalkwasser paste and such only seemed to spread the problem.

Aquattro
09-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I've got 3 massive ones that need attention.

?????

toytech
09-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Super glue the bastards , take as tube of the gel glue and cover them compleatly , or you can use a blob of epoxy putty to smother them too. The putty works well for bigger ones .

Aquaria
09-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I had a peppermint shrimp for all of 10 minutes in my tank. The 2 wrasses had a feeding frenzy with it. Thanks for the $30 entree! I don't even eat that well, LOL.

Where he heck are u getting ur peps? Unless u added 2 that price seems a bit high

monocus
09-16-2011, 11:40 PM
inject the aptasia with lemon juice in the morning if they are large-small to medium cover them completly with kalkwasser paste(you can make it thick enough that you can blob it on them with a turkey baister)-if you have lots of aptasia-talk to me in a month as i am breeding berghia.when using lemonjuice or kalkwasser-put it on in the morning,not at night,and with kalkwasser , make sure you cover the base as that is where the spoors for the aptasia are

Corbin
09-17-2011, 06:44 AM
hmm, well since there so tiny i might just try the super glue idea or something along those lines, it is the top rock and only one polyp colony is living on it so shouldnt be to hard to do. thanks for the many options guys