PDA

View Full Version : Do you know about the free corals in the ocean?

Willow
09-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Hello, looking for a sources in YVR area for higher end planted tank type stuffs. Where do you shop, who has half decent stock and knows what they are doing, looking for hardware and planty type bits.

Also anyone have recommendations for custom tank builders or do I need to call Wendel?

Thanks, ps I would have posted this in Freshwater but I bet knowone ever reads that stinky forum.

Veng68
09-13-2011, 08:07 AM
You will probably have more response if you post on BCAquaria.

I also think one of the sponsors is into plants like ADA stuff.

Cheers,
Vic

Myka
09-13-2011, 02:11 PM
For freshwater plants try April's Aquarium. I used to get all my FW plants and fish there. Good prices and great variety.

http://aprilsaquarium.com/

Aquattro
09-13-2011, 03:16 PM
moved to correct forum...

kien
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm so confused, what are we talking about here? SW Plants, FW plants? Free Corals? Tank builders?

Aquattro
09-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm so confused, what are we talking about here? SW Plants, FW plants? Free Corals? Tank builders?

I think it's free YVR coral plants wanted in a custom tank. Or not. I dunno.

Willow, please edit your thread to reflect what you really think you want. Please...

Willow
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
My posted seemed pretty clear.

Aquattro
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
My posted seemed pretty clear.

No, it didn't. You posted about free corals, then asked for airport code FW plants and tank stuff, all in the wrong forum. Please fix it.

Myka
09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
The post seems clear to me - she is looking for FW plants and a tank builder in the Vancouver area.

The title of the thread...I have no idea what "free corals in the ocean" has to do with FW plants and tank builders.

parkinsn
09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
The title of the thread...I have no idea what "free corals in the wild" has to do with FW plants and tank builders.

I would guess that its just an attention grabber.

Delphinus
09-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Willow is a girl now? Hoooooly moly the times are a changin' ... Next thing you know Myka is going to say she'll give Calgary another chance (although by that I mean, "she'll move to Calgary" and by "move" that means, "Drive through town on a sunny Saturday afternoon".) It's all good.

Myka
09-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Willow is a dude?

parkinsn
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Are we talking Buffy The Vampire slayer or the 1988 movie with Val Kilmer?

christyf5
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM

:pop2:

Delphinus
09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Mmmmmm, Buffy .. she has a new show now. I'm probably not going to watch it though. Studies show that watching Spongebob Squarepants is bad for your concentration and

christyf5
09-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello, looking for a sources in YVR area for higher end planted tank type stuffs. Where do you shop, who has half decent stock and knows what they are doing, looking for hardware and planty type bits.

Also anyone have recommendations for custom tank builders or do I need to call Wendel?

Thanks, ps I would have posted this in Freshwater but I bet knowone ever reads that stinky forum.

Welcome back! Sad to hear you've turned to the dark side. Wendell is your guy for custom tanks. There was a store downtown I used to go to for FW plants, they had an awesome selection. Pets West I think it was called, on Burrard, just before the bridge.

Lampshade
09-13-2011, 05:46 PM
This should clear everything up.... or most likely make it worse.

http://legendofwillow.ytmnd.com/

Veng68
09-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Welcome back! Sad to hear you've turned to the dark side. Wendell is your guy for custom tanks. There was a store downtown I used to go to for FW plants, they had an awesome selection. Pets West I think it was called, on Burrard, just before the bridge.

Aquariums West.......... they moved to Beatty St near Robson. According to the website they are in a 5000 sq ft building.

Cheers,
Vic

Willow
09-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Corals are for old ladies, plants are the way of the future or something like that.

btw stay tunned for a pile of reef type stuffs for sale ;)

Willow
09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Aquariums West.......... they moved to Beatty St near Robson. According to the website they are in a 5000 sq ft building.

Cheers,
Vic

Sweet, yeah I know they left Burrard street but didnt know where they went.

christyf5
09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Corals are for old ladies, plants are the way of the future or something like that.

BORING!!!

No wonder nobody reads this forum :razz:

no offense to those that do :wink:

Willow
09-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I know right.. thats why I didnt post in this forum :cry:

christyf5
09-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Right, but its freshwater stuff so you gotta follow the rulez! :mrgreen:

Besides with this title you've probably gotten more views than most threads here :wink:

Willow
09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm sad know one got the reference.

Chowder
09-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome back !!!

Myka
09-13-2011, 07:45 PM

Chicks like you shouldn't say shauvenistic things like that about other womens. :wink:

viperfish
09-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Considering every second thread on here lately is about the Ecotech Radeon, this is pretty cool!

reefermadness
09-13-2011, 10:47 PM
IDK....I just read the whole thing and I feel like I want my 5 minutes back.!

christyf5
09-13-2011, 11:09 PM
LOL!!

Hawkaholic
09-14-2011, 12:49 AM

I read it twice and still have no idea!!!:redface::redface::sad:

Jason McK
09-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Hey Willow,
Good to see you can still cause a ruckus.

Ya I would Try Wendell for custom tank stuff. I think also Jeff at J&L is into the planted tanks now. might be a good ear to bend

J

Tom R
09-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Hey Willow

Long time no posts.

Great to hear from you again.

So ya say Fresh Water is the way of the future.

Tom R

jorjef
09-14-2011, 02:45 AM
That is a killer signature Ms Willow...if that IS your real name! lol

"Given sufficient thrust pigs will fly just fine"

Myka
09-14-2011, 03:20 AM
I think also Jeff at J&L is into the planted tanks now. might be a good ear to bend

That makes sense. I was wondering why J&L has started carrying FW planted stuff.

That is a killer signature Ms Willow...if that IS your real name! lol

I even quoted it on FB to see how many CanReefers were paying attention. So far just Tony.

fishytime
09-14-2011, 04:27 AM
I even quoted it on FB to see how many CanReefers were paying attention. So far just Tony.

hey .....your on FB?.....friend me....my last name is Smith

Myka
09-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Pfff...ya right! :eek:

Aquattro
09-14-2011, 04:03 PM

lol

fishoholic
09-14-2011, 04:15 PM

Me too!

:lol:

Willow
09-15-2011, 08:10 AM
So after doing a few days of research it looks like noone retail in the lower mainland has any clue whats going on with higher end planted tanks.

Despite your innuendo I am infact not female, never claimed to be and have no idea how you would make that inference.

Myka
09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
So after doing a few days of research it looks like noone retail in the lower mainland has any clue whats going on with higher end planted tanks.

Despite your innuendo I am infact not female, never claimed to be and have no idea how you would make that inference.

I had a female childhood friend named Willow, so the name is default female in my mind. Sorry if you took offense. If it makes you feel better people always think I'm male on forums as the name is derived from "Micah" which is masculine.

Try the forums at www.bcaquaria.com (http://www.bcaquaria.com) - they have a lot of planted folks over there that know where to go. April at April's Aquarium was always able to special order any plants and fish I ever wanted. She even managed to get Downoi for me back when it was impossible to find in Canada as well as the true Hairgrass Eleocharis parvula which I was never able to locate anywhere else. Everyone always sold E vivipara.