PDA

View Full Version : Mantis shrimp w/ tank for sale

Davidbugera
09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
6-8" Peacock Mantis shrimp for sale. comes with a 15-20 gallon tank, 20lbs sand, 50 lbs of ecoliverock.com live rock, and a auqa clear 70, and stand.
Asking $200 or best resignable offer.
if interested or any question plz PM me.
Email me for pics.
davidbugera@live.com

Polscot
09-12-2011, 01:29 AM
U really shouldnt be keeping a peacock of that size in a tank less then 30g homie

Davidbugera
09-12-2011, 01:29 PM
She was in my 45 but I started to see dot that I assumed was from the lights so I put her in this tank and have bin power feeding her to get her to shed and she is back to full health and loves her home if she was hitting the glass or being unhappy I'd move her

gobytron
09-13-2011, 02:21 PM
U really shouldnt be keeping a peacock of that size in a tank less then 30g homie

why not?

I kept one for quite a while in a biocube 12...

what was I doing wrong?

Polscot
09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Didn't mean to thread jack, because of the health of the animal they ate messy eaters and poop lots fouling the water in a small tank fast, I could keep you alive in a 6x6x6 cube but u wouldn't be very happy or healthy would you......

gobytron
09-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Didn't mean to thread jack, because of the health of the animal they ate messy eaters and poop lots fouling the water in a small tank fast, I could keep you alive in a 6x6x6 cube but u wouldn't be very happy or healthy would you......

Meh.
Take me out of my natural environment and it doesnt really matter where or how you keep me, im still a prisoner.

I just found my mantis always seemed quite content in his cave, he never really explored much and never seemed stressed (though what a stressed stomatopod looks like, I dont know)

Do you not do water changes Polscot?
I think you'd find the issue you're talking about is easily solved with a bi weekly 25% water change...only 3 or 4 gallons in this case and not even much work with that little water volume.

if there are some facts Ive missd as to the range of this animal then I would really appreciate being informed. So, Im sure, would the next owner of this one.