PDA

View Full Version : trigger question

mytank90
09-11-2011, 06:48 AM
i have a 5inch golden heart trigger who loves eating snails . about a week ago l got a few realy large snails and somehow hes figured out how get them off glass .he picks them up and divesbombs bottom of tank trying get them open can he hit glass hard enugh to break?i would like keep snails for clean up crew

DAVE
09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
MY CT likes to take clam shells and bang them against the glass to get my attention to feed him. I wouldn't worry about your glass breaking, mine is 8-9" and he is a brute.

As far as having a cleanup crew......it's not going to happen with the Golden Heart.

fishoholic
09-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Snails and crabs are a natural part of a triggers diet, any cuc you put in will become trigger food.

viperfish
09-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Nothing to worry about, I doubt there's anything in this hobby that will break through aquarium glass (I've done the Mantis thing). I assume you have a large tank for a Golden Heart. If not, the glass will be the least of your worries. Triggers get real aggressive when they feel cramped.

mytank90
09-11-2011, 03:25 PM
thanks for the reply .the trigger is in a 120 gallon tank with 9 other fish . l know this tank will be small so am in process of setting up a 180 i just got