PDA

View Full Version : what would you do ?

mycat99
09-10-2011, 09:30 PM
my wife when out in june and orderd a 180 tank for me .the first tank was ready in july but was build wrong it was only 135 .second tank looked like my 2 yr old granson did the silicon.3rd tank when to get today and the overflow in wrong spot .store where she bought it at said they will not make new one (tank was paid in full).i asked for a small in store credit and was told to get out .got home to a message saying if i dont pick up tank they will charge 20.00$ day storage

The Grizz
09-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I would say just pick up the tank, the OF could be moved easy enough, if it is really not workable. Cut your losses with this store and make sure that every one know who it is. It is evident that they dont know what customer service is.

kien
09-10-2011, 10:06 PM
That's some bad luck :-(

You've already paid for the tank so now you are out of pocket unfortunately. It is more unfortunate that the LFS isn't willing to make it right. I'd probably just do what Grizz suggested. Although I dont have much of a confrontational personality. I'm really curious as to what store sold you a tank with bad siliconing, incorrect densions AND a misplaced overflow tho. No need to drop names here a PM will do :-)

Aquattro
09-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm really curious as to what store sold you a tank with bad siliconing, incorrect densions AND a misplaced overflow tho. No need to drop names here a PM will do :-)

More importantly, who built the tank? The store or a tank builder?

The Grizz
09-10-2011, 11:25 PM
If I would have to guess I would say it was Bow Valley just from what you have described what happened & other people's experiences.

Robw
09-10-2011, 11:41 PM
If you paid with a credit card contact the card issuer and explain the situation and request a refund. Most card companies will help you out with merchant fraud. They are not providing the goods as purchased by prepayment. And to expect you to pay $20 a day for storage is outrageous!

Aquarium_Medics
09-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I would get in touch with the better business bureau also.

Parker
09-11-2011, 12:08 AM
If you paid with a credit card contact the card issuer and explain the situation and request a refund. Most card companies will help you out with merchant fraud. They are not providing the goods as purchased by prepayment. And to expect you to pay $20 a day for storage is outrageous!

This is what I would do.....

AquaticFinatic
09-11-2011, 12:46 AM
If I would have to guess I would say it was Bow Valley just from what you have described what happened & other people's experiences.

Isn't it funny how we think the same things just from little snippets! I read this as soon as it was posted and thought good old BV in action again :mrgreen: you should name and shame so we all know who you ar talking about here to by the way.

Ryan-b
09-11-2011, 02:40 AM
I'm not sure if BV has changed a lot in the last couple months but I bought an 150g from Mitch a couple months ago and he had it ready in a week, and exactly how i wanted it. I would deal with him again in a heart beat.

abcha0s
09-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Hi Mycat99

I'm sorry to hear about your tank. Is there any chance that it's fixable? Overflows can usually be cut off and perhaps a new one installed in its place.

We might be able to work a deal to fix it for you. It's obviously a real disappointment for you now and that's not really s great way to start a new tank build.

Just a thought.

- Brad

mycat99
09-11-2011, 06:31 AM
my wife saw the add on kigigi from bow .the strange thing was tank was not at store .we had to go to sw calgary and get it from garage. tank was a gift and my wife doesn't know it was wrong .talked to a friend who says he can drill and patch holes for me

Madreefer
09-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Call me a redneck and good for you for keeping your cool. I myself at the time would have snapped and gave him the ole boney five to the snotbox. Hopefully it can be altered to your likings.

The Grizz
09-11-2011, 06:38 AM
So is that I positive it was a Bow Valley build?

The Grizz
09-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Call me a redneck and good for you for keeping your cool. I myself at the time would have snapped and gave him the ole boney five to the snotbox. Hopefully it can be altered to your likings.

You & me too. :boxing:

dsaundry
09-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Mycat99

I'm sorry to hear about your tank. Is there any chance that it's fixable? Overflows can usually be cut off and perhaps a new one installed in its place.

We might be able to work a deal to fix it for you. It's obviously a real disappointment for you now and that's not really s great way to start a new tank build.

Just a thought.

Nice offer...:biggrin:
Hate to say it but you are caught in what they say in latin, caveat emptor {let the buyer beware} unless you are a member of HA's and are willing to use strong arm tactics {I don't advise this} Suck it up and either sell the tank to somebody else or go with what you have and make it nice. Generous offer from a fellow Canreefer above. My 2 cents.:biggrin:

viperfish
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Makes a person wonder how the heck these guys stay in business! I guess Calgary is big enough that they can burn a lot of bridges and still keep new customers coming in.

Aquattro
09-11-2011, 03:02 PM
If you aren't able to resolve this with your credit card company (or paid cash), I would talk to Brad at Concept about his offer. For a bit more, you might be able to work it into the tank you wanted. Depending on hole location, it might be as simple as removing that pane and flipping it.

Also, any time something like this happens, the name of the other party doesn't need to remain quiet. As long as a review is presented in a mature sensible nature, it's allowed on the board.

Myka
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM
If the tank builder did such a crap job on the tank I personally would be very hesitant to fill it with water! A tank of that size could sure make a lot of wet floor.

talked to a friend who says he can drill and patch holes for me

I would also suggest you take Brad up on his offer at Concept Aquatics. At the very least you make a contact with a GOOD tank builder for your next tank.

mycat99
09-11-2011, 03:52 PM
yes tank was sold from bow valley .store told me they had sub contracted tank out so if i didnt like it i would have to deal with builder . i am going go get tank today and take it to friends shop who has all the stuff to drill glass.would like to thank concept for there offer to help and will be ordering my sump there

AquaticFinatic
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Makes a person wonder how the heck these guys stay in business! I guess Calgary is big enough that they can burn a lot of bridges and still keep new customers coming in.

For a lot of people it comes down to price........ I should know from my first tank I built! This time I went to what I consider one of the best "concept" I feel your pain on this one mycat99 as I was told he would get it right if I bought him a case of beer! As they say you get what you pay for :0( all you can do now is make the most of it until the desire to go bigger gets to strong lol. Good luck and you should post some pictures so we can see what it's like before and after.