PDA

View Full Version : Pistol shrimp

Aquaria
09-10-2011, 12:19 AM
First off I'd like to say that pistol shrimp and there companion gobys are by far the coolest thing we can have in our tanks IMO I have an Ahole 6line and since iv reduced my Photo period and feedings while I get my nutrients under control the pistol has been out more looking for pods and such and the wrasse comes over trying to snatch the pistols catchs and the goby puffs up and I hear a few warning shots and the wrasse swims off lol. How often are people feeding there pistols? Since he's hungry I see him way more almost makes me think he's to well fed :p

dc4
09-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I have had a tiger pistol and a ywg together for 6 months now and have never target fed them. The only snaps I hear are at night and thats most likely when the other fish in the tank wander too close to the back of the tank which the tiger claims all to himself and the ywg.

Aquaria
09-10-2011, 01:02 AM
I have a tiger and ywg as well I got lucky and they moved into a cave I built in the front right side. I started feeding him tiny krill and I dropped one in without it knowing and about 5 min later I think he came across it cuz I heard about 5-6 shot in a 10-15 sec Span lol was pretty funny. He's super well fed then lol maybe I will reduce feedings to him

peasofme
10-03-2011, 12:35 AM
i feed mine several pellets a day. i just drop them by his hole