PDA

View Full Version : fish supplements

nozwal
09-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Hi i was just wondering what is a good brand ( and not that expensive) saltwater fish supplements do u guys use or heard of.
i have seen " Zoe" around and i think its over price for a little bottle.
from exprience what do u guys think its a bang for ur buck supplements for fish?
I am also using "fuel" (reef supplements ) for my corals, would using both supplements damage the tank?

im in calgary wondering which stores carries the recommanded ones

xtreme
09-07-2011, 01:22 AM
IME a quality diet with various types of food such as pellets, frozen food etc. is all you need. Selcon is a vitamin supplement to soak foods in which you could try but isn't always necessary. Other than that I'm not sure what you want to accomplish by adding fish supplements? Most of the "Zeo" products are geared towards coral growth and colour, and although they are pricey they are used in small amounts and are very concentrated. There are a couple KZ products designed for fish but I have never tried them so I can't comment on them.

Myka
09-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Selcon is a widely used "vitamin" product providing vitamins and amino acids. I use it. Dry fish foods are cooked, and the process degrades a lot of the ingredients. I don't see a difference in the fish from using Selcon, but I think it is like taking your daily multivitamin...you don't REALLY know if it's "working" or not, but it doesn't cost much so why not try? Selcon is $13, and the bottle will last you a couple years if you don't have many fish. I store it in the fridge.