PDA

View Full Version : transferring live rocks

Dragonlady
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone can give me tips or suggestions. I'm buying live rocks from a member of canreef. He lives 9 hours away from Calgary. As per this person, he will individually wrap rocks with wet newspaper. Is this recommendable? Can anyone give me suggestions please.

mytank90
09-06-2011, 08:40 PM
from what i was told as long as rock stays damp its no problem . i would try get a old cooler with a lid to move rock in

reefwars
09-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone can give me tips or suggestions. I'm buying live rocks from a member of canreef. He lives 9 hours away from Calgary. As per this person, he will individually wrap rocks with wet newspaper. Is this recommendable? Can anyone give me suggestions please.

not if your adding it right away to an established system ,your gonna have to cycle the rock in a seperate container, it wont take long as the dieoff isnt gonna be huge but there will be some none the less:) you would be better off bringing the rocks home in a rubbermaid with a lid,a heater and a powerhead:) even then you cant add a massive amount at once but maybe some smaller pieces.if its for a new set up then add away and let the cycle roll:) cheers