PDA

View Full Version : Fluval 304, should I use it on my reef?

butters88
01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
I've been reading up on cannister filters on reefs and there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions. I have one around and I really don't know if I should bother using it. Just wanted to see what experiences you guys have had and if you guys have any recommendations :razz:

Bob I
01-31-2004, 08:01 PM
I am known for doing things differently, so of course I use Fluvals. The main reason is because I use Chemipure. I find that using this product in an Aquaclear does not work too well, but it is easy to use in a Fluval. I use a 204 on my 50 gallon reef, and a 104 on my 20gallon mini reef. :eek:

Delphinus
01-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Ehh, your call. Definitely would be useful for running carbon if you're into that. I have a 204 I'd like to use but my sump level is too low for it to work and I don't really want to add it to my main tank, but if you can figure out a way to use it that you don't mind, then go for it.

whaase
01-31-2004, 08:17 PM
I am known for doing things differently, so of course I use Fluvals. The main reason is because I use Chemipure. I find that using this product in an Aquaclear does not work too well, but it is easy to use in a Fluval. I use a 204 on my 50 gallon reef, and a 104 on my 20gallon mini reef. :eek:

Not to sound like a idiot :) wouldn't it be cheaper in the log run to use a water filter?

Walter

Bob I
01-31-2004, 09:18 PM

Not to sound like a idiot :) wouldn't it be cheaper in the log run to use a water filter?

Walter

Water filter :question: For what :question: FYI Chemipure is not a WATER FILTER :rolleyes:

whaase
01-31-2004, 09:26 PM

Walter

Water filter :question: For what :question: FYI Chemipure is not a WATER FILTER :rolleyes:

I was just reading what it does on J&L, it sounded like it did what a water fileter does "- Removes copper, metal, ions, odors, all pollution, gasses, CO2, color Phenol." :question: :confused:

Walter

Bob I
01-31-2004, 09:37 PM

Walter

I was just reading what it does on J&L, it sounded like it did what a water fileter does "- Removes copper, metal, ions, odors, all pollution, gasses, CO2, color Phenol." :question: :confused:

Walter

In that sense yes it is a water filter. But it also scavenges ammonia and nitrates. And a whole lot more. Too long to type in here. Anyhoo that is what I use, and of course I will not even begin to defend myself here. :eek:

whaase
01-31-2004, 09:39 PM
I didn't want to offend you! I just thought that's what it was supposed to do. My mistake...

Walter

LostMind
01-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Bob is just touchy about his methods to reefkeeping :)

butters88
02-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Hm,....thanks for the input guys :confused: :lol:
Bob, so how often do you change chemipure in your filter?

Bob I
02-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Hm,....thanks for the input guys :confused: :lol:
Bob, so how often do you change chemipure in your filter?

I have a small bioload, so I go the full six months before I change it. :eek: :rolleyes:

Bartman
02-02-2004, 05:57 AM

Bob, why does Chemipure work better in a fluval than an aquaclear?

Bob I
02-02-2004, 04:18 PM

Bob, why does Chemipure work better in a fluval than an aquaclear?

I think the main problem is that things get dirty quicker. I don't want to wash the Chemipure out every day. :eek:

Namscam
02-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Bob is just touchy about his methods to reefkeeping :)
Not to mention your spelling too