PDA

View Full Version : Angel/Butterfly Safe Softies?

rastaangel
09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
So im looking for more diversity to fill out my tank as SPS take so long to fill out. The only down side is they have to be something my emperor angel or longnose butterfly wont make a snack out of. Any suggestions?
I know every fish is different and what other might not eat my will so im looking for more or less "sure fire" safe at no fish like to eat

ScubaSteve
09-03-2011, 12:26 AM
So im looking for more diversity to fill out my tank as SPS take so long to fill out. The only down side is they have to be something my emperor angel or longnose butterfly wont make a snack out of. Any suggestions?
I know every fish is different and what other might not eat my will so im looking for more or less "sure fire" safe at no fish like to eat

Can't speak for the emperor, but the Longnose should probably leave softies alone. Mine decimated every tubeworm in my tank in a matter of minutes but never touched any of my softies. The butterfly would eye up my zoas from time to time but never touched them. My electric green sinularia and toadstool have NEVER been touched by anyone. If you want a cool softie, try the electric green sinularia. Looks great, grows like stupid but doesn't spread, sways in the current and glows like a damn bastard under good lighting.

rastaangel
09-03-2011, 02:02 AM
well I guess ill just have to take advantage of cheap frag sales and test to see what they like and dont... hurts alot less to loose a $10 frag then a $35/polyp one