PDA

View Full Version : Hood Temp?

sleeman
01-31-2004, 02:24 AM
I am finally putting the ventilation in my tank. With the top doors open and the 2 MH's blaring it looks like a grow op in our house. The tank is built into the wall, and I didn't want to have a couple of fan vents in the front. I have drilled a 4" hole in the floor and plumbed in solid dryer venting to the top of the tank. Actually above the MH's. The fan (100cfm) is in the basement sucking the air from the tank. I have also drilled two 2" holes for cool air return from the basement. The temp above the tank (actually above the lights) when all the doors are closed is 31C. Is this still too warm, or should I be happy with this temp?

Cheers,

Al

oilers1
01-31-2004, 03:44 AM
It might be fine now, but I can garentee you it will go up to aty least 40 degrees during the summer, I had that hapen to me and lost about 30 pieces of sps. By the wway how did you hang your lights, I have been racking my brain, I also have an in all tank and in the process of installing the lighting, I tried using an wench but I don't have enough space inbetween the tank and ceiling for maintenance, any suggetions?

sleeman
01-31-2004, 03:54 AM
I'm lucky, I have 24 inches from the top of the tank to the top of the built in. My lights are about 10 inches off the water. I Mounted the lights and reflectors to a piece of 3/4" plywood and they are supporedt by a 2x2 on each end. This allows me to push the lights back against the rear wall when working.
You are more than welcome to stop by and take a look.

Cheers,

Al