PDA

View Full Version : Baby seahorses

Doug's fish
08-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Well I woke up this morning to my male Reidi seahorse letting go of his brood of baby seahorses. A total of 198 babies, which were placed into three growout aquariums of 75, 75 and 48 babies.I would like to thank Blue World Aquatic, Ken, Shannon and the rest of the staff / friends for supporting me with trying to raise captive breed seahorses in Edmonton. So thank-you very much. Doug
"I have been breeding clownfish for ten years so I hope the idea's work "

globaldesigns
08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Well I woke up this morning to my male Reidi seahorse letting go of his brood of baby seahorses. A total of 198 babies, which were placed into three growout aquariums of 75, 75 and 48 babies.I would like to thank Blue World Aquatic, Ken, Shannon and the rest of the staff / friends for supporting me with trying to raise captive breed seahorses in Edmonton. So thank-you very much. Doug
"I have been breeding clownfish for ten years so I hope the idea's work "

Very cool, but we need pic's!

eisa
08-30-2011, 09:45 PM
pics...we neeed to c em' pix plzzz

rayjay
08-31-2011, 02:20 AM
FWIW My Reidi Fry Raising Page (http://www.angelfire.com/ab/rayjay/fry.html)
IMO, the two most important things are cleanliness to prevent bacterial wipe out, and keeping the water in motion so the fry can't stay at the top and suck air.
Most reidi fry need rotifers to feed on at first but some larger ones can feed on newborn brine nauplii.

sphelps
08-31-2011, 02:24 AM
You know he's serious cause he counted them. Congrats man and good luck!

noirsphynx
08-31-2011, 02:26 AM
That's awesome news Doug! Can't wait to see pics.